who want to mix the new album of my band? new competition here!

Hi Felipe... I did a mix of this tune of yours. This is my first time posting here. What do I have to do to send you an mp3 of the mix ? - email ? --- I stumbled upon this thread as I was researching the new ReValver III plug. I had the time this morning and worked on it. I have opinions Id like to share in regards to the performances and source audio, but I'd rather you take a listen to what I did first. I think you'll dig it.

Best,
J.

Hi Felipe... I did a mix of this tune of yours. This is my first time posting here. What do I have to do to send you an mp3 of the mix ? - email ? --- I stumbled upon this thread as I was researching the new ReValver III plug. I had the time this morning and worked on it. I have opinions Id like to share in regards to the performances and source audio, but I'd rather you take a listen to what I did first. I think you'll dig it.

Best,
J.

heya mate, theres many places you can upload your music, but i use www.lightningmp3.com
its just really straight forward and you dont need to sign up to anything :)

heya mate, theres many places you can upload your music, but i use www.lightningmp3.com
its just really straight forward and you dont need to sign up to anything :)

Awesome, thanks for the info Jester :kickass:

Here is the link to the mix I did

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?id=12423

I worked nonstop for about 90 min to 2hr on it. I'll prob work on it a little bit more tommorrow, when I have fresh ears. I want to work on the Rhythm Guitars a little bit more, and try and squeeze some more midrange meat out of them.

lol star gazer and for everyone you have to fit the tracks correctly

lol

no limit time

nice delay on the solo ;)

haha... yeah, it sounds like the guitars are off by a measure or so on most parts... - but I imported the tracks at zero time, so I assumed they were already aligned correctly.

The guitars are early right ?

hey you just have to put the track at the same start point everything start with the drums... except the vox!

is not that difficult

remember to start the session at 48 khz

Guys, didn't you come hear to learn how to mix better? I sure as hell didn't pop up thinking "Hey, if I just say I'm good at mixing and maybe post some sample tracks I might as well have lifted from someone else entirely, and offer my services to people I've never met over the Internet... I just HAVE to become a millionaire!" and would hope that I'm not alone...

Jeff

I agree to a point. Audio is what I do for a living. I work for a commercial studio, I own my own company, and I work in a different part of the industry (can't discuss it), but still the learning never stops.

BUT

There is a difference between everybody mixing one song and discussing the techniques they used to achieve their mix and mixing an entire album free of charge. Since this is what I do for a living I can't mix an entire album for free. There has to be an exchange of sorts whether it be monetarily or an exchange of services.

I hope I don't come off as disrespectful because that isn't my intention. I just wanted to address what you said because you are implying that I don't know my ass from my elbow, and that I'm trying to lure people into wasting their money on my services. On the contrary, the work I get is word of mouth...I only get a few jobs per month from the internet.

That said...I'll tackle a song when some time frees up.

:kickass:

hey you just have to put the track at the same start point everything start with the drums... except the vox!

is not that difficult

I did. I re-imported the WAV's in a new session @ 48k - The tracks are still out of sync. Bass, Rhythm guitars, and Solo guitars are all in their own time zone. Thats what makes it annoying. I cant just highlight all the out of sync tracks and drag them into place. I have to do it 3 times. Since I there is no grid of the timing, its hard to get it just right. Somewhere in the song, parts are going to sound slightly off.

is not that difficult

Also realized that some of the individual drums are actually out of sync too! Like both Kick tracks. Even with each other o_O

The Harmony vocal track... the same thing. No one is going to be able to work on this song like this. :ill:

I want to finish working on this mix, but I cant like this. Please re-export the WAV files, properly synced, and re-upload.

Thanks Felipe...

Also realized that some of the individual drums are actually out of sync too! Like both Kick tracks. Even with each other o_O

The Harmony vocal track... the same thing. No one is going to be able to work on this song like this. :ill:

I want to finish working on this mix, but I cant like this. Please re-export the WAV files, properly synced, and re-upload.

Thanks Felipe...

You know...perhaps Im being to critcal about the sync issue. It turns out the kicks are in the right place. I was just comparing the break in the flat track you uploaded to the file I had, and I missed the kick hits. However, there are still 4 elements that are out of place. We can get by and sync them I guess. Its just a case of not knowing what was going on without a reference track of the song. Still the tracks should be synced up, so you can just open up a sesion, and get to work:Smokedev:

If you recorded this in Pro Tools, consolidate the tracks so we don't have to align them man. This is fucking ridiculous, even when you set everything to start at the same time as the drums, things are falling behind. And you didn't even tell us where the vocals are supposed to go. I'm not doing this for the competition just for practice, but this is just poorly prepared.