Who would you like to see in the future?

booB said:
Aghora(if they are still a band)

they are (in fact, I think they recently opened for Sonata Arctica)... but they're not even remotely the same lineup that they were on their s/t.

Thanks for the update. I read a while ago that Sean Malone was not in the band anymore, and they got the original bassist from Symphony X to do some shows with them. I also read Sean Reinert left. I would love to see them play, Santiago is an amazing guitar player.

Altered Aeon
Astral Doors
Blistered Earth
Delian League
Enforsaken
The Fifth Sun
Hammers of Misfortune
Heathen
Horfixion
Into Eternity
Moonlyght
Pathos
Persuader
Pharaoh
Protest the Hero
Prototype
Reckless Tide
Redemption
Scariot
Skyfire
Soulless
Soulscar
The Unchallenged
Volbeat
WatchTower
Wolf

jmillion said:
I'm VERY happy with Nocturnal Rites, but like many I'd love to see:
Primal Fear
Dragon Force
Metalium
Gamma Ray
Pharaoh! (great call)

Great list, but let's be realistic. Primal Fear and Gamma Ray are very select in the number of US appearances.

Metalium would rule! I could see them doing this fest. They are so underrated in my opinion.

I am not familiar with Pharaoh.

how about:

Ram-Zet
Dominion reunion (the Michelle Richfield one)
Dismal Euphony
Bal-Sagoth
Mezarkabul (did someone say them already? oh well, I can't remember)
Xentrix
Scanner
Veni Domine

or, perhaps a Stratovarius set, where they only play the darker stuff from the first three albums? (I suppose I'd be the only one in the audience going apeshit to hear "The Hills Have Eyes" or "Dreamspace". :) )

SNAP! I get to play Metal Pimp! :lol:

These are all bands that I love, who I think would fit right in with your vision of Powerfest. For any who don't know them:

Ram-Zet - dark, thrashy prog metal, with male death vocals, female death vocals, female clean vocals, and female operatic vocals. I've lost track of them over the last year or so, but I think they were going to release a new disc soon (if it's not out already). I always go apeshit when I listen to them. :)

Dominion - I know Rob knows this band... they're long-defunct, and they were very underground, so they'd probably be the most impossible band to get from this list. They used elements of power, prog, and doom metal, and had male death vocals and female mid-range clean vocals (I can't stand the super-high operatic stuff that you get from bands like After Forever and the like).

Dismal Euphony - used to be a gothy doom band with female operatic vocals... now they're more like an In Flames meets Lacuna Coil type of band, with powerful mid-range female vox.

That takes care of the female stuff... ;)

Bal-Sagoth - super-pompous, over-the-top, Rhapsody-esque power metal, with strong black metal elements added in. Features cheeseball narration (narrator's voice is different from disc to disc) and raspy black metal vocals. Highly melodic, yet creepy at the same time. :)

Mezarkabul - used to be known as the Turkish band Pentagram (and are still known by that name in Turkey). Thrashy/doomy power metal that ALL fans of Morgana Lefay and Tad Morose need to check out; in fact, Maleficium is my second favorite cd ever, and Pentagram - Anatolia is my third favorite.

Xentrix - UK thrash band from the 80's/early 90's which is, apparently, reforming for some reunion shows. Old Metallica-esque, with some Pantera influence on their later material.

Scanner - originally a Helloweenie clone, they started getting darker, more intricate, and more experimental as they went on, and now they're one of the most original-sounding German power metal bands in existence (when they actually release music, that is). Mental Reservation is in my top ten albums ever.

Veni Domine - doom metal band with very Geoff Tate-ish vocals. Their last album was uber-lame, but I believe they can still bring it live, if they play older material. ;)

Stratovarius - they're this little band that nobody's ever heard of. ;) Seriously, most people who bitch about them being too repetitive, or too sugary-melodic, or too unoriginal, haven't heard the first three albums. There were some gems on there; too bad Timo hates that stuff now.

booB said:
how about:

Ram-Zet
Dominion reunion (the Michelle Richfield one)
Dismal Euphony
Bal-Sagoth
Mezarkabul (did someone say them already? oh well, I can't remember)
Xentrix
Scanner
Veni Domine

or, perhaps a Stratovarius set, where they only play the darker stuff from the first three albums? (I suppose I'd be the only one in the audience going apeshit to hear "The Hills Have Eyes" or "Dreamspace". :) )

Veni Domine Rules and so does Bal-Sagoth

I will 2nd and 3rd the RAGE recommendation!!!!!
Though they have already done prog power.
So many awesome bands that have not touched North American soil to choose from (not that it has to be a requirement for a headliner, but it wold definitely make the event even that more special).

As Chris has said before though, it is a mistake to only think of power metal bands, as that is not the intention.

Should be interesting to see what happens next year! Can't wait....