Who's Better, Herman Li or Alexi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually Li sounds more like a bedroom shredder with good gear than a professional musician... He is fast that's true but that's all that he can do basically.

I think that li can't play clean in a show and there's more feelings in alexi playing

so I will say Alexi

Plankcore said:
Herman Li just imitates John Pettruci, and abuses his whammy bar.

Alexi Laiho has his own sound.

Alexi wins. And I want to cut Herman Li's hair. =)

Wtf, Herman Li's solos sound nothing like Petrucci's.

Yeah. Live, I think he does too many of those bar lifts, he actually broke a string doing when I saw them at Download.

<-Warheart-> said:
Wtf, Herman Li's solos sound nothing like Petrucci's.

His sound and structure sound quite similar to Petrucci to me, but then again, i'm a pretty intermediate guitarist (I don't play very often, don't have the time). =P

Still, Herman Li isn't all that good. I've seen a few people be like WTF IS THAT WEIRD SOUND HE MAKES and all it is, is some whammy bar molestation. It sucks. And I don't like Dragonforce, btw. Or their hair. =P

Plankcore said:
His sound and structure sound quite similar to Petrucci to me, but then again, i'm a pretty intermediate guitarist (I don't play very often, don't have the time). =P

Still, Herman Li isn't all that good. I've seen a few people be like WTF IS THAT WEIRD SOUND HE MAKES and all it is, is some whammy bar molestation. It sucks. And I don't like Dragonforce, btw. Or their hair. =P

Well imo, they sound nothing alike. Especially DF's studio solos. Much more harmonisation, lot more blues stuff, pretty much constant fast picking, whammy bar.

If you want good guitarists, listen to Racer X.

Haha I'd like to see Herman and Sam pull off what Paul and Bruce used to, especially live.

Paul Gilbert is awesome, although I've not really heard all that much Racer X stuff. The Dragonforce guys aren't all that great though, they're just bedroom shredders as someone excellently put it earlier. =P

I honestly have to say Alexi is better because he doesn't wank on the guitar. I can't stand for a number of reasons. One, he and his band plays way too fast, two, he shows off too much and never gives Sam Totman a chance to play, and three, Dragonforce is just too nerdy for me

MiracleMan said:
I honestly have to say Alexi is better because he doesn't wank on the guitar. I can't stand for a number of reasons. One, he and his band plays way too fast, two, he shows off too much and never gives Sam Totman a chance to play, and three, Dragonforce is just too nerdy for me

Agreed and Totman is way cooler anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.