Who's Better Than Michael Romeo???

Yes, I agree Zax666 we should get on with it. We don't want this to turn out like a nevermore or COB board.

Jason Becker got some interesting whammy effects aswell. Both guitarists rule (my preference still gos to jason becker)

Also, Tom and Henrik are very good aswell, not as good as Romeo (that is in my opinion, but c'mon - it's fact). But still deserve mention. They play very melodicly and emotionaly and can still shred heaps. The solo in "recreation Day" is one of the most memorable solo's in metal.

The guitarist in (Jon Levasseur) Cryptopsy is MAD!!! some the riffs are insane and solo's are even crazier. Just SWEEPS and SWEEPS and then he'll go into a insanly fast alternatly picked scale run. I don't know why noone's mentioned him before.

Mr. Shred-ididle said:
YAY!! he's outter there.
Thanx to the moderater whoever banned that prick.

:cry: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! That guy was hillarious! Why did you ban him?! I haven't laughed this hard mentally in a LONG while! Why did you have to steal my little ray of sunshine!?

OK, I'm a little confused. When I called Harp Heaven a donkey (sorry about that), the whole thread got locked down, but this was WAY worse... hehe, and damn funny as well...

Anyway, I don't think there is any guitarist who is The Best, since there are so many things to learn and you can't be the greatest at everything. I respect Romeo for two main things: 1) his technicallity 2) his musical vision. But he's not really the tightest player out there.

Harp Heaven, could you get a little bigger signature, please? That picture is a bit too small, maybe something like 1600x1200 would be better? Thanks in advance, fellow.

One of my all time fav guitarists is Johnny Winter (delta blues) I'll show my age here (and my roots!) On his first album "Johnny Winter", there's a song called "Be Careful With a Fool" that is incredible, total emotion like nothing I've ever heard.. Anyway, YEAH ..Gary Moore is awesome!

But Romeo still is #1 with me.

BTW..that above song could be the theme song for this thread, eh?
Or call it "Be Careful With a Troll" :)

I'll agree with Macy on this debate. Too many things to take into account when judging a guitar player although technically you probably can compare one to another in general playing skills.

Romeo is by far my favourite player in the scene though.

Symphony X == :headbang:

Francesco Fareri == :puke:

warman said:
Harp Heaven, could you get a little bigger signature, please? That picture is a bit too small, maybe something like 1600x1200 would be better? Thanks in advance, fellow.

Hey warman, what's the deal with your picture (avatar, whatever)? If you are a guy, that's really gay and you should consider changing it. If you're a chick then fine, I can understand it.

Anyway, just letting you know.

Just one thing, i don't wanna be a prick but I can't understand all this Jason Becker worship. I got his Cacophony and Perpetual Burn CD's and I personally didn't think too much of his playing let alone the composition. Overrated i say. Am i missing something here. Someone advise me of a good Jason Becker track I should listen to. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Julz said:
Just one thing, i don't wanna be a prick but I can't understand all this Jason Becker worship. I got his Cacophony and Perpetual Burn CD's and I personally didn't think too much of his playing let alone the composition. Overrated i say. Am i missing something here. Someone advise me of a good Jason Becker track I should listen to. Sorry if I offended anyone.
I never specially cared for him either. I think Marty was a better player overall.

I like the part where shreddie was like "Oh, please no, not the extensive use of capital letters!!!!!
IT IS VERY HARD TO DO THAT, OH, THIS IS SO DIFFICULT!"

I just about died laughing. Nice work shreddie!!!!

revenge drama said:
Bashing Fareri, huh?

None of you assclowns realize how music should be listened. Well, that is quite obvious. You post on a Symphony X message board.

I am here to educate you.

You shouldn't hate me because I know A LOT more about music and life in general. I know it could intimidate some of you, but as I said: Please don't hate me because of it.
Aren't you the Fareri himself ? :lol:
Or you're just an other piece of shit? :lol:
Go fuck yourself and calm down, retard! I don't hate you , I lllllllllove you ! :lol: :loco:

Thanx, The Odyssey.

No ones Santiago Dolbes from Aghora? He's awwwwsome! the solo in Kali Yuga is just perfect!! strarting off with some really cool laid-back egyptian melody and then he does some CRAZY sweep/legato run that you'll think it's Paul Madsville on speed. Totally kewl!

And yes Julz, if you can't hear the genius in Jason Beckers playing, you are missing something...

Jason Becker is technically really cool, but his compositions are too much *OH, i can shred faster than you!!!* for me. Still he has great songs, but be careful to listen to him too much... you'll get bored. At least that's what happened to me :(

ElPredicador said:
Jason Becker is technically really cool, but his compositions are too much *OH, i can shred faster than you!!!* for me. Still he has great songs, but be careful to listen to him too much... you'll get bored. At least that's what happened to me :(

hehehehe, I never get bored of Jason.

I'm with Yngvai X. His combination of speed, melody, emotion and quirkyness (alot of his whammy bar tricks) is perfect