Who's Better Than Michael Romeo???

Who cares who's technically better? There's lots of guys more technical than Petrucci or Romeo, but those guys are good because they can actually USE their skill to play MUSIC that's well-written and such.

The keyboardist for Sonata Arctica on the first and third album was tony, the vocalist. He says he's not very good at keyboard leads, but i think he's sufficiant for the songs. The leads on Winterheart's Guild were by jens johansson, and he was awesome imo. as for silence, i don't remember, but i agree about the guitarist... i think he's WAY underrated.

I was listening to Rhapsody today and I was thinking about how Luca Turelli compares to Romeo. I don't think Turelli is a very diverse lead player...his influence on Rhapsody is more through the orchestrations. Romeo shines in both departments.

if we are going into real playing (not shred playing), erase the people I said before exept allan. put in scott henderson, john scofield (greatest licks in history), mike stern, pat metheny. be warned this are all jazz (fusion) players

Luis said:
MJR is much better than JP thats a fact.
Come on, that´s ridiculous! I won´t try to persuade you of my opinion (i.e. that Petrucci is better, but that doesn´t matter now...) but who in the green hell has definitely and undoubtedly proven that Romeo is the superior player?

The Stormbringer said:
In my humble opinion, Doug Ott (Enchant) beats Romeo, especially in the solo department.

Doug Ott Is a great guitar player, and I love his playing style, but there's NO way, he can be better than Michael Romeo

Luis said:
Give me a break¡¡¡ MJR is much better than JP thats a fact.

No, that's YOUR opinion.

My 2 cents....Nobody is BETTER than anybody else.
But.....IMO, Romeo's talent and style offers more to me than any guitarist I've ever heard in my life. :Spin:

Jani Liimatainen is a VERY VERY VERY VERY good guitar player. I think that in a few years, he will be in the top. Jani´s shreds are marvelous, and him trhytm parts are very good too, he ahve a very good taste of the melodies. Check out the solo´s on Black Sheep, Picturing the past, or any other. Sonata Arctica is my favorite band at the moment, I´ve listened to them since their album debut, and I totally loved them. The were the band who introduced me to this style of music.

Francesco Farreri!!! Wha? better?
This guy just practices his sweeps 10 hours a day and probabply hasn't played a melodic note in his life. But I'll give you that he's extreemily fast (but sloppy aswell) and he looks like a younger version of my dad! (my dad was freeked out) there is a guy from the bands Mr. Cucumber (there somewhere on mp3.com), Marcus Puas, who is faster thn Fransesco again (and a hell of alot more accuate).
Shit, this is turning into another "Whos cock is bigger" shred speed threads.

But i'm with Pharoah, once you get at these guys level, there is no "better" guitarists. Just guitarists that you favour in YOUR opinion.