Who's coming and where are you staying? 2010

Cello

Promoted to Hannibal
Nov 14, 2007
Bovenkarspel, Netherlands
With the headliners announced, I felt it's time to start this thread up again! So, let's hear it people! Where are you from, where will you be staying and what freaky facts about yourself are you willing to share with us this time?

NAME: Marcel Slaman
STAYING AT: Kasteel de Berckt
Which days will you be there: Friday, Saturday, Sunday
THIS WILL BE MY: 5th Progpower Europe Festival
INTERESTING FACT ABOUT YOURSELF: some people called me Pater Familias of the festival last year and although the title truly belongs to René, I ran with it :p
Anyone traveling from Amsterdam to Baarlo can expect to get a train discount from me and a bunch of others if they want by traveling with us!

NAME: René Janssen
STAYING AT: At home
THIS WILL BE MY: 12th Progpower Europe Festival
INTERESTING FACT ABOUT YOURSELF: As you all know I was one of those people who started PP back in 1999. And I am glad we are still in business and made ProgPower Europe something special, something different from the masses. All other things you want to know about me, buy me a beer in October and I will tell you anything you want to know :kickass:

NAME: Jonathan Huizenga
STAYING AT: The beershed..... eehm, castle, of course :kickass:
WHICH DAYS: Friday, Saturday, Sunday, though I'd love to be there on thursday :p
THIS WILL BE MY: 3rd PPEU
INTERESTING FACT ABOUT YOURSELF: There are many interesting facts about me. For starters, I hope to find my singing voice again this year, and I'll try not to win the prize for most retarded face of '10. Then again, If I'd top last year, that'd be something.

NAME: Raimond Fischbach
THIS WILL BE MY: 4th Progpower Europe Festival
INTERESTING FACT ABOUT YOURSELF: I'm trying to connect the two families of progpower and progulus radio better and therefore promote them at both places. Expect nine of us proguli this year! :kickass:

Name: paul
Staying also at Castle de Berckt..
Favourite bands so far: Serenity The true ones...; Myrath and Xerath...are my super favourites...The line up is super...
First i shouldnt come this year..But the line up is great..
Facts over me...Im guitar player...for fun...and play metal/progessief/ power metal....
So let hear from you progmetal friends.....See you in October at Castle de berckt..

NAME: Ricard
Which days will you be there: Friday, Saturday, Sunday and maybe more... who knows
THIS WILL BE MY: 2nd Progpower Europe Festival
INTERESTING FACT ABOUT YOURSELF: Ik studeer Nederlands omdat er zijn bijna 12 miljoen Dutch meisjes out there. haha joking. I'll take with me the ipod/iphone speakers again so anyone can use it. You can plug yours for a beer :p

NAME: Dario
THIS WILL BE MY: 3rd Progpower Europe Festival
INTERESTING FACT ABOUT YOURSELF: last year, no singer invited me to sing some lines for him, but maybe I can ask my 'good old buddy' Jon aka The almighty Mountain King ;)

NAME: Jeroen Geraedts
STAYING AT: Home
WHICH DAYS WILL YOU BE THERE: Friday, Saturday, Sunday
THIS WILL BE MY: 9th Progpower Europe Festival (10th anniversary next year :kickass:)
INTERESTING FACT ABOUT YOURSELF: In 2007, I was connecting Jon Oliva's keyboards and had to crawl under it while he was sitting there. He leaned back and it looked as if I was giving him a..eehm..never mind. For more interesting facts, grab me by my throat in October and shake 'em out :p

NAME: Kirsty
FROM: Canada, but currently living in France, but currently working in Geneva.
STAYING AT: Kasteel de Berckt, although there's always a non-zero chance of sleeping in a ditch or hedge on the way back from the venue!
THIS WILL BE MY: 4th PP
INTERESTING FACT ABOUT YOURSELF: Live shows give me migraines or at best a bad headache :err: That's not so much interesting as depressing. I have a gardening addiction. I've been caught sneaking plants home and at one point had over 60 individual plants in our apartment (they were tiny and going outside eventually!) :oops:

NAME: Mattias Norén
THIS WILL BE MY: 12th Progpower Europe Festival
INTERESTING FACT ABOUT YOURSELF: I actually think this might be the first year where no band I have been working with will play.. OK, René still have three names to present :)

NAME: Alex
INTERESTING FACT ABOUT YOURSELF: Last year i slept 6 hours (3x 2 hours) of the entire weekend, which could have been better used partying

NAME: Dries Dokter
STAYING AT: Home? The Castle? Depending on who will stay at Hotel Dries
WHICH DAYS: Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday(?)
THIS WILL BE MY: 8th PP
INTERESTING FACT ABOUT YOURSELF: If you buy me an interesting T-Shirt, I might wear it during the Sunday :lol: (Thank you Paul)

NAME: Marcel
STAYING AT: Camping De Berckt
WHICH DAYS: Friday, Saturday, Sunday
THIS WILL BE MY: 2nd ProgPower Europe
INTERESTING FACT ABOUT YOURSELF: Buy me a beer or 2, and I will tell you all about it.

NAME: Simon
STAYING AT: Kasteel De Berckt
WHICH DAYS: Friday, Saturday, Sunday
THIS WILL BE MY: 4th Progpower
INTERESTING FACT ABOUT YOURSELF: I'll not be wearing black

NAME: Kalle Happonen
THIS WILL BE MY: 6th? Progpower Europe Festival, to be fair, my memory is a bit hazy... It might be 6th?
INTERESTING FACT ABOUT YOURSELF: I like to bring different single malts to the festival (well, among other things *cough* pussyfoot *cough*), so let's see if we need two bottles this time.

NAME: Lykle Thijssen
STAYING AT: Kasteel De Berckt
INTERESTING FACT ABOUT YOURSELF: Brvtal admin of the PP Europe facebook page and big fan of Scooter!

NAME: Niels Prikanowski
STAYING AT: my uncle. Rob Prikanowski
THIS WILL BE MY: 2nd Progpower Europe Festival
INTERESTING FACT ABOUT YOURSELF: I''m a huge iron maiden addict.

NAME: Mathijs Haest
STAYING AT: Venlo
THIS WILL BE MY: 3rd Progpower Europe Festival (2003, 2009, 2010)
INTERESTING FACT ABOUT YOURSELF: Talk to me!

NAME: Mark Holmes
STAYING AT: Somewhere in Baarlo no doubt.
THIS WILL BE MY: 6th PP Europe (would've been 7th but missed last year, damn!)
INTERESTING FACT ABOUT YOURSELF: I run the Metal Discovery webzine (plug, plug... www.metal-discovery.com) and bands seem to have a habit of exposing themselves to me during interviews, male and female. Not worked out why yet. Angela Gossow advised me to take advantage of this phenomenon and interview women only.

NAME: Wojtek Kutyla
THIS WILL BE MY: 5th or 6th Festival
INTERESTING FACT ABOUT YOURSELF: I don't like typical progmetal any more. It puts me to sleep.