Who's getting Ghost Reveries next week?

Who's getting Ghost Reveries next week?

• Total voters
circus_brimstone said:
Hardcore, man.
You're talking to the guy who keeps multiple copies of the exact same Opeth release, I guess in case one breaks or is lost and he can't live without "Blackwater Park" for the 30 minutes it takes to pop down to the store and shell out $22 for a new one? :>

Erik said:
You're talking to the guy who keeps multiple copies of the exact same Opeth release, I guess in case one breaks or is lost and he can't live without "Blackwater Park" for the 30 minutes it takes to pop down to the store and shell out $22 for a new one? :>

Or for the pure fun of having a brand new copy of a favorite album. Nothing wrong with that.

Rensei said:
The End??

Correct.

Also, I could live without Blackwater Park, a better choice would've been Orchid or Morningrise for such a comment. Also, I'm a hick, we don't have CD stores here, nor have I ever paid $22 for a CD. :p

I hope Opeth delivers on this album, I'm thinking The Project Hate is a more likely candidate for album of the year right now, though theirs hasn't been released yet either. (OMG BLASPHEMY!1!!)

Yes, I do. My Opeth collection is absolutely silly. I have two (original) copies of every album + the re-issues, plus a special version of each one (tin, digipak, 2CD, etc.). I've detailed it somewhere before.

Despite that, I'm also realistic enough to admit that Blackwater Park is not a great album, though good and that Opeth isn't flawless. Regardless, they're probably my favorite band, though The Project Hate offers heavy competition alongside bands such as Agalloch, Vintersorg, Borknagar, etc.

I'll probably buy it sometime next week, Opeth is no longer a buy or die item for me but I still respect them and while The Grand Conjuration may be the worst song they've recorded, Baying Of The Hounds and Atonement kick ass.

And buying multiple copies of an album upon initial release is gay and lying.

Opeth17 said:
Yes, I do. My Opeth collection is absolutely silly. I have two (original) copies of every album + the re-issues, plus a special version of each one (tin, digipak, 2CD, etc.). I've detailed it somewhere before.

Despite that, I'm also realistic enough to admit that Blackwater Park is not a great album, though good and that Opeth isn't flawless. Regardless, they're probably my favorite band, though The Project Hate offers heavy competition alongside bands such as Agalloch, Vintersorg, Borknagar, etc.

admit that Blackwater Park is not a great album? oh man, Blackwater Park is Opeth at their very peak OMG.

I went into Sanity yesterday (shitty mainstream music store) and saw it sitting prominently on the shelf right in the middle of the store, just above the new Nevermore, and slightly to the left of Gwen Stefani. It was in that moment that I decided it was time to let go and move on....
*Wipes away a tear*

Night Mare said:
I went into Sanity yesterday (shitty mainstream music store) and saw it sitting prominently on the shelf right in the middle of the store, just above the new Nevermore, and slightly to the left of Gwen Stefani. It was in that moment that I decided it was time to let go and move on....
*Wipes away a tear*

And tell me, how can you look at yourself in a mirror after that?

Rensei said:
And tell me, how can you look at yourself in a mirror after that?

It wasn't so much the fact that it was in Sanity, I have listened to it and really don't like it at all, even though I am a huge fan of their earlier stuff.

Opeth17 said:
I have two (original) copies of every album + the re-issues

why

i could just about understand the "buying the different editions (jewel case/tin/digipack)" thing, but why buy two copies of the exact same thing :confused:

Probably because I'm obsessive-compulsive and tend to go a little crazy when I start collecting things. That and I take my albums everywhere, so leaving a back-up copy (or two :p ) behind isn't a bad idea. At least, that's my reasonable answer. :D

Furthermore, it is possible to still worship their first two albums and have no interest in the rest (though MAYH is enjoyable and Still Life has its moments, I haven't been compelled to listen to them for over a year). The new one does fuck all for me, bar Atonement.