Who's getting Ghost Reveries next week?

Who's getting Ghost Reveries next week?

• Total voters
Décadent said:
Furthermore, it is possible to still worship their first two albums and have no interest in the rest (though MAYH is enjoyable and Still Life has its moments, I haven't been compelled to listen to them for over a year). The new one does fuck all for me, bar Atonement.

Deeply repressed feelings probably prevents you from loving their post-MAYH stuff. I also suspect a pathology here. That being said, the help of a psychologist is highly recommended. I would also try doing meditation (counting breath, investigate Who I am, God visualisation, reciting Mantras etc.). If you succeed in being here and now, your consciousness will not longer be identified with the ego, with Décadent. As you stay in that pure awareness that you are, the new Opeth albums will appear as a radiant manifestation of I AM. Unfortunately, meditation often fails (due to the persistance of the egocentric activity), hence the need for a psychologist. Also, a strong dose of hallucinogen psychothrope (psilocybine, LSD, Dextromethorphan etc.) or some narcotic opiate (heroine) can temporalily romove (or accentuate depending of various factors) the effects of the said pathology and consequently helping (preventing in the later case) you being more receptive to true creativity (recent Opeth albums).

best of luck!

Erik said:
BREAKING NEWS STOP PRESSES

it is possible to dislike opeth

read all about it

My newspaper says otherwise. :Spin:
pop.gif

Decadent is already on a very strict drug regimen. His distaste for post-Still Life Opeth is purely a business decision though, and not related to his drug use.

dorian gray said:
Decadent is already on a very strict drug regimen. His distaste for post-Still Life Opeth is purely a business decision though, and not related to his drug use.

Like I said, drugs alone doesn't guarantee creative lucidity. There's various factor one should take in account (effect = C X S X I):

(C)ircumstances
- social circumstances
- physical context
- cultural context

(S)ubstances
- dose
- purity
- administration methods
- interraction (potentialisation, antagonism)
- elimination (metabolism, excretion)
- biodisponibility
- tolerance

(I)ndividual
- genetic factors
- placebo

Random Beard said:
I think Opeth is boring, can't stand them.

Yes, it's ok to think Opeth is boring. Allow yourself to feel that way. As long as that feeling is not truly integrated, you will not be allowed to go beyond this rational fallacy.

for further indication on that matter, check out my answer to Décadent's post:

"Deeply repressed feelings probably prevents you from loving their post-MAYH stuff. I also suspect a pathology here. That being said, the help of a psychologist is highly recommended. I would also try doing meditation (counting breath, investigate Who I am, God visualisation, reciting Mantras etc.). If you succeed in being here and now, your consciousness will not longer be identified with the ego, with Décadent. As you stay in that pure awareness that you are, the new Opeth albums will appear as a radiant manifestation of I AM. Unfortunately, meditation often fails (due to the persistance of the egocentric activity), hence the need for a psychologist. Also, a strong dose of hallucinogen psychothrope (psilocybine, LSD, Dextromethorphan etc.) or some narcotic opiate (heroine) can temporalily romove (or accentuate depending of various factors) the effects of the said pathology and consequently helping (preventing in the later case) you being more receptive to true creativity (recent Opeth albums).

best of luck!"

Rensei said:

"Deeply repressed feelings probably prevents you from loving their post-MAYH stuff. I also suspect a pathology here. That being said, the help of a psychologist is highly recommended. I would also try doing meditation (counting breath, investigate Who I am, God visualisation, reciting Mantras etc.). If you succeed in being here and now, your consciousness will not longer be identified with the ego, with Décadent. As you stay in that pure awareness that you are, the new Opeth albums will appear as a radiant manifestation of I AM. Unfortunately, meditation often fails (due to the persistance of the egocentric activity), hence the need for a psychologist. Also, a strong dose of hallucinogen psychothrope (psilocybine, LSD, Dextromethorphan etc.) or some narcotic opiate (heroine) can temporalily romove (or accentuate depending of various factors) the effects of the said pathology and consequently helping (preventing in the later case) you being more receptive to true creativity (recent Opeth albums).

best of luck!"

= if you don't like Opeth, congratulations. You're smart.

Sorry if I'm missing something, but you're joking, right? Opeth isn't as amazing as people say they are, and I don't see why they even say that in the first place.

Mormagil said:
Sorry if I'm missing something, but you're joking, right? Opeth isn't as amazing as people say they are, and I don't see why they even say that in the first place.

Have you followed my recommendations? If you didn't, I'm afraid this conversation is pointless. The signified is not the referent. You'll have to see for yourself.