Who's getting Ghost Reveries next week?

Who's getting Ghost Reveries next week?

• Total voters
Rensei said:
I'm confused. You think only Morningrise is worthy of your money and yet want to see them live knowing that they'll obviously won't play any Morningrise material? Their ugly faces won't make the music any better you know? :D
Opeth are an excellent live band and always worth seeing live - and obviously, that's not because the guys are exceptionally attractive. :Smug: I don't consider their other albums as crap, I'm just not enthusiastic/ fan enough to buy them. I'm very picky when it comes to spending money on records.
I've seen Opeth live twice so far, and always enjoyed it a lot. Mikael is a brilliant singer, his voice sounds just as perfect live as it does on CD. So I know I'll have a good time, with or without Morningrise material. :headbang:

snow2fall said:
Opeth are an excellent live band and always worth seeing live - and obviously, that's not because the guys are exceptionally attractive. :Smug: I don't consider their other albums as crap, I'm just not enthusiastic/ fan enough to buy them. I'm very picky when it comes to spending money on records.
I've seen Opeth live twice so far, and always enjoyed it a lot. Mikael is a brilliant singer, his voice sounds just as perfect live as it does on CD. So I know I'll have a good time, with or without Morningrise material. :headbang:

How can you be picky with your spending habits on records when you buy at least 15 cd's a week?! :D

snow2fall said:

So, Mike's singing then...
Good point.

the Deliverance songs are a lot better live than on the album. The Moor came across kinda shitty at the Toronto show, what the fuck? it was my favourite song of theirs at the time.

who knows when i'll buy this album? it bores the pants off me and i don't even own MAYH yet (which only bores my left sock off and at the same time kicks quite a bit of ass). got enough albums sitting around that i haven't even listened to yet.

Doomcifer said:
How can you be picky with your spending habits on records when you buy at least 15 cd's a week?! :D
When and where was that?! :p Ok, I must admit I spent a little more on CDs these past months than I usually do. No more new records for the next couple of months though - I just ordered a new lens for my digital reflex camera... Gotta live on cereals and pasta for a while. o_O

Damn, I hope the video doesn't attract any more idiots, we have enough fanboys to deal with, or worse yet convince Roadwanker and/or Opeth to follow in the direction of the craptastic (this coming from an Opeth loyalist, and I'm satisfied with the rest of GR) Grand Conjuration...

my $.02 so far:
glad they haven't painted themselves into a corner with the last few albums; it's a definite progression
the grand conjuration is sub-par
ghost of perdition is wicked
mikael's clean vox have really improved and there's more of them than ever before--still not sure whether that's a good thing though (<3 growlz :erk: )
gonna need at least a few months before i can pass judgment on it or begin to compare it to the rest of their catalogue

mikes clean vox have indeed improved and are excellent. that said, there *are* too many of them. opeths whole vibe has changed i think. yeah, theyre a progressive band and all that but now they're all kansas-y and 70s proggy.

the album is good though. i really like it. theres some good songs. theyre just no longer scary or dark enough for me. even BWP was dark and atmospheric enough to turn me on to their other albums. what they're trying to get across with the portrait...i dunno. it makes me cringe. theyre fucking smiling.