Who's getting Ghost Reveries next week?

Who's getting Ghost Reveries next week?

• Total voters
fanboys. people get mad at groups with super fanboys, no matter how much they like or dislike the group.

take tool for example, there are probably 24095872835 people who hate them that have never even heard them.

I can't remember if I've already posted to this topic or not, maybe not.

I don't like that much about recent Opeth-releases. For me the best was the first 2 and stuff like Blackwater Park bores me to hell (only have it because of the 2 acoustic tracks on the second disc, that I really like).

I've listened the new Opeth and I must say, that it's much better than anything they've done after Still Life. Opeth started to sound so predictable, but in the latest album they've manage to get rid of that. Still, I'm not sure if to buy it or not.

One Inch Man said:
fanboys. people get mad at groups with super fanboys, no matter how much they like or dislike the group.
100% correct. Fanboyism has a polarizing effect. The more blind worship heaped onto a band by it's most devoted fans, the more others seem to be turned off by said band. If Opeth was still a relatively obscure band, selling 10,000 CDs with each release, half the people who currently hate them, would still be worshipping them.

Zod

I love Morningrise which is the only album that I considered worth buying so far. The other albums only exist as CD-R copies. Looking forward to seeing them live September 16. Excellent live band. I'm short of money after buying a new lens for my camera, so I doubt I'll be getting "Ghost Reveries" anytime soon - if at all.

@lizard: Your avatar scares me. o_O :yell:

General Zod said:
100% correct. Fanboyism has a polarizing effect. The more blind worship heaped onto a band by it's most devoted fans, the more others seem to be turned off by said band. If Opeth was still a relatively obscure band, selling 10,000 CDs with each release, half the people who currently hate them, would still be worshipping them.

Zod
yeah. and not to say it isn't okay to dislike them, but this is the reason why so many do.

you know, i don't know why i doubt that i'm going to buy this album. i have all their others and even ones i don't listen to anymore i won't sell, so i'm sure that yes, i'll pick it up. probably today. :dopey:

General Zod said:

Zod

Agreed, in Opeth's case I find the constant bashing to be more annoying than the fanboy behavior (except when they fail to realize that they're not that innovative), partly because I don't completely understand the hatred for them when it goes into "they represent everything wrong with modern metal" mode...

are we supposed to comment on ghost reveries here or should i start an official thread?
that said, i went out and bought it today and after one listen, im not really impressed. granted, thats ONE LISTEN. but, i dunno. theyre not really death metal anymore. looking through the booklet while listening to the album all could think about was Kansas for some reason.
sooooo........
morningrise>still life>orchid>blackwater park>MAYH>deliverance>damnation>ghost reveries

and no offense to the artist, but the band portrait is terrible.

snow2fall said:
I love Morningrise which is the only album that I considered worth buying so far. The other albums only exist as CD-R copies. Looking forward to seeing them live September 16. Excellent live band. I'm short of money after buying a new lens for my camera, so I doubt I'll be getting "Ghost Reveries" anytime soon - if at all.

@lizard: Your avatar scares me. o_O :yell:

I'm confused. You think only Morningrise is worthy of your money and yet want to see them live knowing that they'll obviously won't play any Morningrise material? Their ugly faces won't make the music any better you know? :D