Who's harder to replace - Barlow or Turunen

Who will be harder to replace - Barlow or Turunen?

• Matt Barlow will be harder to replace

Votes: 46 64.8%
  • Tarja Turunen will be harder to replace

Votes: 25 35.2%

• Total voters
While it's true that many others have a similar vocal style, IMO there was just something special in Tarja's voice that sepparated her from the rest of the pack. I can't imagine anyone else pulling off something like "Ever Dream" (a personal fave) quite the same way. I really hope Tuomas is looking for a voice that's a near-perfect match as opposed to someone that sounds nothing at all like Tarja. It's going to be a tough sell to most fans if it isn't.

The difference is that many female singers can pull of that Operatic sound, but they tend to do it singing at a slower pace. Tarja could do it with speed.

Iced Earth was Iced Earth before Barlow. Iced Earth is Iced Earth after Barlow. Oh... Ripper Rules.

Well... this one is easy for me... IMO Barlow made IE stand apart from the rest of the pack and made the band for me one of the most exciting acts to follow up on, and if a vocalist as amazing as Tim Owens hasn't been able to keep doing that for me in IE, then there's little for me to argue... Barlow is a GOD.

And it's incredible to see how underestimated classically trained vocalists and mezzo-soprano's are in here...

I'll answer this when I hear the new Nightwish material. I already know how Iced Earth sounds like with Barlow as well as Ripper (which is incredible, even though I grew up on IE with Barlow, and have to admit that his voice is unique). I have no idea what the guys from Nightwish are gonna come up with.
The only thing I could say to this point is: ICED EARTH rules!!!:headbang: