Why Alexi has two guitars at the gigs?

(__Joonas__)

† Followed the Reaper †
Mar 23, 2005
Finland
Just curious.. is the other guitar a reserve guitar in case that for example a string cuts on the guitar during a song or something just breaks down, or is the other guitar in different tuning..? And what's the deal with the "hand keyboard" Janne plays sometimes instead of the "table keyboard"

different guitar different tuning ...
one in D-Tuning for the older stuff
and the other in Drop-C Tuning for newer stuff

i bet he has 2 more guitars in the back when something happens..

and janne uses the hand keyboard that he can jump around on stage

Grammy said:
He got two guitars because hes very rich and wants to show everyone what a famous motherf*cker he is ...

he's not rich, well he should be but he spent it all on beer

and his guitars are free cos he got an endorsement, and esp will make money from those rich gits with too much money who want to buy his £3k (british) signature guitar, for that price i'd get my own custom!

Snap, ANOTHER!!!! Alexi's guitar thread. Alright, the name of the game is seperate tunings on floyd rose guitars, and the way you play is if you break a string you switch guitars, simple ey/??

I remember he used the white guitar for most of the time, and the black one in T,L&S at least, so that gotta be it..

If you play intensely, guitars detune. So he doesn't wastes any time tuning them again. Besides that, there's the different tuning.

When I downtune my floyd rose to drop C with digital tuner the rest of my string tunings goes a bit off (because of the design and tension spring), and then by trying to tune them in im in a endless loop of loosening the strings until the tuners bottom out :( Damm floyed rose bridges are quite the BITCH when it comes to tuning. Anybody have simular problems?

DeathPact said:
When I downtune my floyd rose to drop C with digital tuner the rest of my string tunings goes a bit off (because of the design and tension spring), and then by trying to tune them in im in a endless loop of loosening the strings until the tuners bottom out :( Damm floyed rose bridges are quite the BITCH when it comes to tuning. Anybody have simular problems?

YOu need it to be re floated. Take it to your local shop and tell them you want it set up for C. Its usually not good for your guitar to continuosly change tunings.

DeathPact said:

no, i have one tuned to e, and one tuned to D. I never change the D one, because it has a real floyd, and is more sensative to change. the other one is a fake and is easy to change

CrimsonWarrior said:
YOu need it to be re floated. Take it to your local shop and tell them you want it set up for C. Its usually not good for your guitar to continuosly change tunings.

nah man screw the local shop, I can do that shit myself (only a true guitarist can anyway :p), just saying its impossible to use use those fine tuners as a drop tuner to get perfect tuning so 2nd guitar is a must. But I was prodding to see if there may be some kinda trick to it :p I still think there is actually, just dont have the time to test it.

Yea shitty floyds suck, but hey gota start somewhere :p That tremelo trick where you pull the trem bar up and let it slip to vibrate on its own doesnt sound as good as when alexi does it :( I blame my fake floyd !!! must be right ! right!!? :p

bLoOd` said:
different guitar different tuning ...
one in D-Tuning for the older stuff
and the other in Drop-C Tuning for newer stuff

i bet he has 2 more guitars in the back when something happens..

and janne uses the hand keyboard that he can jump around on stage

Quoted for Truth!