Why are shows getting better?

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
Not that I'm complaining, but all of a sudden I find myself inundated with too many shows!

Amon Amarth/Behemoth/Vehemence/Deicide
Opeth/Lacuna Coil
Sepultura/Voivod
Gods of Metal - Halford/Testament/Immortal/Amon Amarth etc

And then others like ProgPower 4, Dream Theatre & Queensryche that I'm still debating on whether it's worth it or not.

And there are others which I know I won't attend, but they're still underground acts.

There must be a surge of popularity that's driving this, because even 12 months ago, we weren't getting these kinds of shows - one after the other.

Any explanations/theories?

P.S. I understand this might not apply to everyone based on simple geography.

I live in Kansas, and the shows have become pretty sparse in this area. When I was in college, I'd go to shows in Lawrence, KS all the time. Now I'm 3 hours from there. I still keep track of what goes through Lawrence, though. It has gone WAY downhill in the last couple of years.

VEHEMENCE said:
We will be back for sure! I just hope in time we play the same venues we were offered ya know? I would feel bad if we didnt. In time friend!

Oh, well if you had the choice then L'Amours definitely would not be my first pick....there are much better venues.

I've noticed a nice surge in gigs recently, but I think I can attribute that to being older and being more aware of these things >_< still, I do miss a helluva fucking lot....

Ayeka said:
I've noticed a nice surge in gigs recently, but I think I can attribute that to being older and being more aware of these things >_< still, I do miss a helluva fucking lot....
Yeah but you're in ol' blighty aren't you?

All I can say is, you get one Maiden show with the dodgiest Donningon line up in history (Deftones?), and the US gets Maiden with Motorhead, Dio and possibly Ministry and Anthrax.

:loco:Na na na na na.
tongue.gif

Oh well, it could have been worse - you could have got Sum 41! You going to Bloodstock this year Ayeka?

Bro, I've already seen Sum41 ;)

Yeah, Donington is a tragedy...I wish I was going Bloodstock, but my poser friends don't see the significance of shelling out for a ticket when they've only heard of one band each on the bill :mad: so Donington it is. Truth be told, I'm up for. Get to see what the fuss about lots of these new bands are.

And, yea, you bastards really don't deserve Maiden/Dio/Motorhead ;)

Well, Dio's a Yank, inne?

Whaddya mean EX-pat? What happened to the 'pat'? ;) Thought it'd still be there, all the way man! :D Hail, Hail To England an' all!

Ayeka said:
Well, Dio's a Yank, inne?

Dio's about as British as they come!

Whaddya mean EX-pat? What happened to the 'pat'? ;) Thought it'd still be there, all the way man! :D Hail, Hail To England an' all!

Yes it's still there of course. All the way for Queen and Country. (I am applying for a green card though, but keeping my British citizenship). :D I like red passports better than blue ones, heh.

Heee heee!

Dio, man......this is freaking me out, because he's got a big fat American accent, was in a blatantly American-sounding band (Elf) before joining great English people :cool: and generally seems to have been in America always. I'm worried if that's what "as British as they come" is now cos we'd all be great singers but blatantly American! :cry:

He must be one of those Slash types who was born and bred in England for 5 minutes then, ne?

Ayeka said:
Heee heee!

Dio, man......this is freaking me out, because he's got a big fat American accent, was in a blatantly American-sounding band (Elf) before joining great English people :cool: and generally seems to have been in America always. I'm worried if that's what "as British as they come" is now cos we'd all be great singers but blatantly American! :cry:

He must be one of those Slash types who was born and bred in England for 5 minutes then, ne?

Nah man, Dio doesn't have an American accent at all. I've got live stuff from his Rainbow days...scratch that, I saw him live on his recent tour just a few months back - the guy speaks Brit!

True, he has lived in the US now for years (like Ozzy) and he owns this 'castle' in LA. He drinks out of goblets etc. Totally renaissance obsessed.

I forgot Slash was born in England - his real name is Saul and he was born in Stoke-on-Trent if I remember right.

JayKeeley said:
Nah man, Dio doesn't have an American accent at all. I've got live stuff from his Rainbow days...scratch that, I saw him live on his recent tour just a few months back - the guy speaks Brit!

No way, dude! That accent on Rainbow - On Stage is totally Yank! :eek: fuck, am I spun out now..... :Spin: