Why did they break up?

deliibrahim

New Metal Member
May 9, 2005
Does anyone know why the group broke up in 1992???? we all know that it started with Alex, softenning into all that bullshit called Jazz..... but is this really the real thing?

Thank you for that idiotic opinion. If you knew the first thing about jazz, you might figure out that metal is far more akin to noise than jazz. And that's coming from a metalhead.

Metallifreak said:
metal came from rock n roll which came from jazz

hey, dont rape metal !
fuck jazz..... jazz is for the middle aged fat little bourgeois, rock and metal is for the youth!!!!! jazz is obedience, rock is rebellion...... and also jazz boasts having no rules no form, i heard from a jazz master its bullshit he said jazz also has musical rules..... then what the fuck is all this about jazz.. jazz is all dead in US and they are trying to sell that piece of shit to ignorant hick-now- become- burgeois desperate bastards.... am i wrong???

.METAL RULES, TESTAMENT ROCKS!!!!!!

I thought that the band was under the name DOG FACED GODS for awhile, and they did break up cause of the way the band was headed. Which was nowhere. It was all that grunge...*lol*

As for jazz, I don't care for it, yeah, it has an audience, but its not for me.

if you don't like it - don't listen to it.
I hate when someone tells me: "uh, I hate metal, it's a noisy bullshit" 'n' stuff, but they don't know shit about metal...
I mean If I don't know sth I don't talk about it.... I just can say I don't like it...

Despite I like Jazz, I won't defent it as a music. Just look at it like that: Alex said that playing those old Testament solos, is MUCH easier now, after playing Jazz for all those years... he's much better guitarist.
So simply saying: it's better for us, fans as well, cause Alex shreds on gigs, and undoubtedly new album will be full of masterpeace solos...:headbang:

to make it more simple:
have you ever listened to Attention Deficit? Probably no.....
have you ever listened to Alex Skolnick Trio? Probably no.....

:oops:

SO SHUT THE FUCK UP!:Smug:

METAL GOD said:
I thought that the band was under the name DOG FACED GODS for awhile, and they did break up cause of the way the band was headed. Which was nowhere. It was all that grunge...*lol*
according to Mr Murphy in a 96 interview.
SR: I have to tell you that I'm really depressed about Testament splitting up.

JM: Yep, we broke up. At the time there were a lot of problems going down. We were completely out of money and every one was suing us or threatening to sue...two ex-members, a promoter in Los Angeles and an ex-merchandise company plus an old manager. The promoter in L.A. won his suit and things were looking terrible. In fighting broke out, in particular Greg Christian had a falling out with the other guys over money he thought he was owed. All this really put a damper on our whole parade. On top of that, we had three tours set up in a row that were all canceled. Ultimately, we decided to break up. Chuck and Eric were the first to make that decision and presented it to everyone else. They weren't even speaking with Greg. Chris went along right away and I was reluctant, but I couldn't see any path to reconciliation of all the problems. We had no booking agent, no management, law suits and no money. Greg went to a band called Flange, Chris joined a band called Gone Forever and I went on to finishing up my solo album.

I do believe Demonic was suposed to be A 'Dog faced gods' Album.

Yes Messiah, you are correct. Originally 'Demonic' was going to be released under the Dog Faced Gods moniker, but Eric & Chuck decided that under that new name, it would be like the band would be starting from scratch again. And that being the case, the band might not have been as marketable since the world already knew who TestAmenT was. That info I got from an old interview from Chuck I believe.:cool: