Why do we like music?

I think we like music because it is a form of communication we all understand in all cultures. Also, the fact that sound vibrates at certain freqencies and may resonate with something within us, what ever that is. the frequency of thought? of the energy body? the soul? whatever it is, it is understood in all cultures as a more intimate means for communication. Or at least that is what it think

Someone had suggested that music was a form of communication before humans could speak and hearing it evoke certain emotions. For example, it's been said that high pitch noises, like nail scratching on a chalkboard, evoke our primal instincts to be scared, because those kind of noises were used in the caveman times as a warning.

That's just someone's theory on it.

Theres an explination for this. I slightly remember it, but not really. If I were to tell you the explination for why human beings enjoy music 50% would be right and the other 50% would be me talking out of my ass. If you want to find the answer search the internet. I'm sure it's been solved.

anonymousnick2001 said:
Cool theory. Could you elaborate? Maybe a source article?
I heard it from one of those weird TV shows called Disinformation. They interviewed one of the guys who started industrial music in the '70s and that was his theory on it.