Why don't people like classical music?

I know the general feel generally of the different eras.....but in terms of composers so far I just have some things specific to the instruments I play......Classical is so huge.

I really really really love Classical saxophone music. The instrument wasn't invented until the second half of the 19th century, and didn't really catch on until the turn of the century, so the vast majority of its catalogue is modern.

Right now I have three classical saxophone albums that are awesome:

Dale Underwood - Soliloquy
The Ambassador Duo - Excursions (Saxophone and Piano duets....the saxophone player is my teacher's professor)
'Music For Saxophone And Orchestra'

The saxophone in a classical context is so expressive, and the tone is amazing a smooth, you wouldn't recognize it if you've only heard the typical jazz saxophone sound.

Then I have three different piano albums, 'The Rake's Progress' by Stravinsky (modern), 'Symphony Fantastique' by Berlioz (romantic), and 'Carmina Burana' by Carl Orff (modern). I guess Frank Zappa's 'The Yellow Shark' counts as modern classical also.

I've read biographies of Bach and Vivaldi (baroque), and hope to read some more composer biographies soon......I play various eras of with Piano, Voice, and Saxophone, so I have some kind of experience with the different sounds with that.

The Devil's Steed said:
I've only heard Indian classical, unfortunately. Heard some Chinese folk (Okay, it was folk mixed with a few "new age" elements here and there which I don't like..but still)..but other than that and elements mixed in from other genres...nothing. Care to reccomend some artists?

Chen Yi, Zhou Long, and Tan Dun are the only names I can think of.