why does jonas suck so much live

stoned.jpg

Reactions: °scarlet°
all_sins_undone said:
just saw kata last night... why does jonas suck so much?

Hahaha wrong place to say that mate.If kata dissapointed you in this gig then dont go their gigs again.Perhaps you were expecting a stage show but they are not a 80s glam/hair metal band. :D

all_sins_undone said:
it was so disapointing

his vocals pretty much ruined the whole set for me

That's focken weird. Have you seen the DVD? His vocals are almost better live then on records, atleast when it comes to the older songs. So many little tricks that he's added to them. You can really see the progress he has gone through as a singer.

When i saw Katatonia the last time they played here i thought that Jonas did an amazing job. I wasn't really expecting them to be that good live. I think it's the best gig i have ever been to....but i am going to see Insomnium on saturday and it might top them :)

Well, he sounds really great on the live Krakow dvd, almost as good as on the albums, but maybe he was not inspired or drank too much before the show...who the hell knows? he is still an extraordinaire singer, shit happens...

never really had the pleasure of seeing katatonia live
but, I wasn't too pleased myself with jonas's vocals on the krakow dvd to be honest, I like it when the song is sung how it was made originally, and it was far too different then how it sounded on cds..

I wouldn't go and say it sucked though, just dissapointing

I like it when they (any band live) don't do everything exactly as it sounds on the cd. I really like it when they (any band live) goes off into a jam or extended solos and such. I also like it when someone fucks up, or the singer's voice cracks or is out of tune sometimes. It shows that they are human. That being said, although Jonas doesn't sound the same live as in the studio, and his voice doesn't really have much of a range, he still sounds fukin good and seeing them live is totally not disappointing in any way.

Jonas' vocals were okay in Montreal, last night. What was disappointing was hearing almost NO guitar on the first song! Once that was fixed, it was smooooooooooth sailing.

Daylight Dies were awesome! Nicest band I ever met, seriously... They're very comfortable meeting fans, its great!

I couldn't make it through Moonspell. I've never been fan. Their performance last night justified the reason why I can't get into their music. Also, the lighting during their performance almost blinded my friends & I. White spotlights is cool if you're Celine Dion!

mtl_metalgirl said:
White spotlights is cool if you're Celine Dion!

Haha, great. :)

I'm with Stefan here. And also I had the impression that it got better at the end of the set (when I saw them in Essen) he sung "in the white" very very good.

@fateful Funny. I heard one must kiss each other when this happens ;)

Yeah, maybe he doesn't warm up his voice. I think most singers in the genre don't do it, but he may would benefit from it. But it's just a guess