Why does my guitar sounds change?

Introvert

New Metal Member
Nov 29, 2012
Hey guys,

When I get into my DAW (Logic Pro 9), and press the Input button on my track my guitar tone changes completely. It sounds very "tinny" and thin. When I turn it off I can hear the fullness and warmth of the tone as it should be. I am using a Kemper Profiling Amp direct into a Profire 610. I have never had this problem before, because I used to just use amp sims and IR's. Any thoughts on what could be making it sound like this? I'm relatively new to recording so I will admit that I have no idea where to start other than I changed the 9V for my EMG's and it still persists.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

If you're direct monitoring and input monitoring at the same time, the delay between the daw input monitoring mixing with the direct signal is probably causing some cancellation, try muting the channel on your profire mixer.

When you click the input button does that mean you're monitoring the hardware input from your interface and the output from Logic at the same time? If that's the case then you're getting phase cancellation between the original signal from the hardware and the slightly delayed signal coming from Logic.

Okay I did not know that was possible. When I get home I will try these suggestions out. Thanks a lot for your help!

-Kris

If you're direct monitoring and input monitoring at the same time, the delay between the daw input monitoring mixing with the direct signal is probably causing some cancellation, try muting the channel on your profire mixer.

When you click the input button does that mean you're monitoring the hardware input from your interface and the output from Logic at the same time? If that's the case then you're getting phase cancellation between the original signal from the hardware and the slightly delayed signal coming from Logic

You guys are awesome! That did the trick. Thanks again.

-Kris