Why does Orchid never get any love?

Nope, not a troll. Just a person who simply doesn't agree with you.

The first Opeth album is not at all to my tastes for reasons already stated. Morningrise is generally awesome, but Nectar is dreadful. Then on.. Opeth are great, apart from Ghost Reveries' stink.. The Grand Conjuration. Well, The pain i see in others is a bad song for Opeth.. But i do actually still like it. Porcelain Heart is in the same boat.

lol, it's amazing the names you'll be called on this forum for not liking an opeth song

Re-recording would be nice but non-essential. After all, Opeth are still making new music and there's no need to "look back" and redo something that's been already done, plus it would kill the magical atmosphere of those albums.

Even though I admit it is one of the most difficult songs to get into, the acoustic sections alone are beyond beautiful. Calling a song dreadful is a tad trollish; opinions are not being attacked but rather the choice of words.

Keep in mind, i adore pretty much every other album Opeth has released.

Dreadful is a perfectly acceptable word to use to express my dislike for the song - although i'd actually change it to .. Generally dreadful. There's literally about 2 riffs in the song that i like.. And that's not even love.. Just like.

So yes, considering i actually dislike most of orchid as much or more than i dislike Nectar.. I really don't like that album. I consider Orchid a generally pants album.

..The warning was for Metal_wrath ;)

Dreadful is a perfectly acceptable word to use to express my dislike for the song - although i'd actually change it to .. Generally dreadful. There's literally about 2 riffs in the song that i like.. And that's not even love.. Just like.

So yes, considering i actually dislike most of orchid as much or more than i dislike Nectar.. I really don't like that album. I consider Orchid a generally pants album.

..The warning was for Metal_wrath ;)

what warning are you talking about?

Your posts are the definition of trolling. Posting in the Opeth forum with very offensive and tasteless comments about Opeth songs trying to start a flaming war.

I highly doubt that you can "adore" every other song by Opeth and make such insulting remarks based on your dislike of a few songs.

.. Honestly, are you for real?
DinoComicInternetSerious.png

And it'd do well to read my posts more carefully - i adore pretty much every other opeth album. And yes, i can make such remarks.. Because it's what i consider to be the truth - the album isn't good.. IN MY OPINION.

Get over the fact we don't like precisely the same music, and the fact i got over Opeth Fanboyism a long while ago.. Whilst you clearly haven't.

.. Honestly, are you for real?
DinoComicInternetSerious.png

And it'd do well to read my posts more carefully - i adore pretty much every other opeth album. And yes, i can make such remarks.. Because it's what i consider to be the truth - the album isn't good.. IN MY OPINION.

Get over the fact we don't like precisely the same music, and the fact i got over Opeth Fanboyism a long while ago.. Whilst you clearly haven't.

I lol'd

Well written though

EDIT: inspired by this thread I am now listening to orchid trying to force myself into liking the album, I hope it works this time :)

what warning are you talking about?

Your posts are the definition of trolling. Posting in the Opeth forum with very offensive and tasteless comments about Opeth songs trying to start a flaming war.

I highly doubt that you can "adore" every other song by Opeth and make such insulting remarks based on your dislike of a few songs.

unbefuckinglievable. have you ever had an IQ test? just wondering what level of retardation we're dealing with here

Lol

I could care less if you don't like the song. Have some f**ckin respect for the band at least while you're on their forum.

That dinosaur comic is lame, btw

unbefuckinglievable. have you ever had an IQ test? just wondering what level of retardation we're dealing with here

fuck off?

I've thought this as well. I would love to have Orchild and Mornigrise re-recorded (not that they have time for that). I just love the songwriting aspects of those albums.

That being said I cant nitpick any of their albums. Its kind of strange, but I like them all almost equally. Whatever is playing is my favorite at that moment in time.

Barack Obama endorses Opeth? :lol:

Lol

I could care less if you don't like the song

..Then do that, care less.. Because you clearly care too much. To the point where you take offense at a simple set of opinions about an album and a couple of extra songs. You're probably getting more offended for Mikael than he himself would get from my comments!

Have some f**ckin respect for the band at least while you're on their forum.
Oh i have enormous amounts of respect for the band, more precisely, loads of respect for Mikael. But this doesn't mean i have to cotton wool what i say - that is, in my opinion, a lack of respect as it is hiding or obscuring the truth.

You're acting like i have nothing good to say about Mikael, which is clearly not true considering my previous statements. Seriously, get over it. I don't like the album and there's nothing your rampant fanboyism can do about it.

Mikael's not going to be kept up at night by my few negative comments, which were outweighed by one big comment! He's developed and become quite a mature writer, so i'm going to guess he's pretty mature himself.

That dinosaur comic is lame, btw

But the internet is serious buisness!!!!11!!

I think Orchid is a great album, it's a mystery to me why it's not praised more often.

I guess it's overlooked by people for albums such as Blackwater Park, Damnation, and Deliverance, which is wrong...because those albums are all very distinct and different.

So much of the first two albums is like:
Mike: Hey check out this acoustic riff.
Peter: Play that four times and then I'll harmonize the next four.
Anders: Turn on the distortion for the next eight so I can do something cool.
Johan: You guys suck.

But somehow it still turned out well.

The album that made me fall in love with the band all those years ago. It is a great indication of the greatness that followed.

It really was flying in the face of the scene at the time too, don't forget this was the time of the rise of Black Metal, everything was about image and less about the music.

They gained a lot of respect from a small group of people that loved all of it. Despite all the cries for "sell out" that I have heard on each subsequent album since Still Life, the other 3 people that I know that have been into the band since Orchid was released are all still major fans of everything the band has done.

Okay, I'll admit it's not my favourite Opeth album, but it's not exactly crap either. It has it's beautiful moments and I still enjoy listening to it. Under The Weeping Moon is simply great. :)