Why does Orchid never get any love?

Probably because Morningrise is better than Orchid in every way.

I absolutely agree with you.But morningrise is divine:headbang:
Orchid seems wild to me but that's why it's also beautiful. Btw i'll maybe get on some event of nov/dec european tour-if there could be played forest or twilight...i will pray to mike:lol:

Probably because Morningrise is better than Orchid in every way.

I disagree as well. Morningrise was a solid album from start to finish. But, Orchid was a much more powerful album. There was more diversity on it, with the two intstrumentals. The only thing Orchid lacked was the cleaness of To Bid You Farewell. Even though (and I'm in the minority of this) I don't like Forest of October in the least bit, and I do like the entire Morningrise record in its entirety, Orchid was much better in terms of content. Twilight and Apostle were both better songs than anything that appeared on Morningrise (although Silent Water is close). I also felt Mist was a much better album opener than Advent.

I will say this. If you were to take the best content from Orchid and combine it with the best content on Morningrise, that would be the best Opeth album. My only complaints with Orchid was Forest of October is a really boring song and the acoustic piece and weirdness at 3:15 in Weeping Moon goes on way too long.

But other than that. I really do love Orchid. It's just a shame that My Arms, Still Life, Watershed and Reveries have topped Orchid in my favorite albums category!

Orchid is my favourite album, i think the acoustic work is amazing and the atmosphere is intense. The slow bits fit together perfectly with the fast bits, i can listen to it all the way through over and over again and after just think "wow".

After analysing people's comments I've come to the conclusion that some people don't like Orchid because it has a flower on the cover.

What do you think about forum petition to mike to play another orchid songs apart from UtWMoon at gigs? If opeth starts to play the twilight intro,people would go crazy:headbang: IMSWStanding,FoOctober and Apostle could be as well.
I'd be glad to hear any of morningrise too:worship:

I was in a gardening store the other day listening to The Twilight is My Robe, while I passed a ton of orchids IDENTICAL to the pink one on the album cover. I was like :headbang:

I was in a gardening store the other day listening to The Twilight is My Robe, while I passed a ton of orchids IDENTICAL to the pink one on the album cover. I was like :headbang:

ah Good times eh,

Few days back my mother told me that she had some Orchids growing in the backyard..

Me- Did you know that Orchid is the name of Opeth's debut album? The album cover had a picture of a flower and all.
Mum- Yeah? Funny, we had orchids at our wedding as well.
Me- This is too coincidental, It's your fault I'm into death metal.
Mum- Hmmm *walks off

Funny when Opeth plays a role in real life scenarios. I used to experience it a lot with Mitch Hedberg jokes, so musical allusions are definitely an interesting change.

Forest of October and The Apostle in Triumph are excellent songs, and Under the Weeping Moon isn't far behind. While I love most of Opeth's albums, I really like the melodies and harmonies of the early stuff (compared to the unmelodic MAYH, for example)...

... One word for Orchid: "Magic". That album ooze/exume/overflow Magic and Epicness, almost in a Mystical/Mythical way...
I have to disagree with you on your MAYH appreciation, to me is possibly the best of Opeth...

Orchid is probably my second favorite album, Morningrise would have to be my favorite. It has some amazingly EPIC parts in it. The end of Apostle is one of my favorite all time Opeth moments.

Orchid was the first Opeth album I bought and was the album that got me into them. I still love it and it is definitely still one of my favorites

I see there is no point in debating anything with a fuckin' troll.

Nope, not a troll. Just a person who simply doesn't agree with you.

The first Opeth album is not at all to my tastes for reasons already stated. Morningrise is generally awesome, but Nectar is dreadful. Then on.. Opeth are great, apart from Ghost Reveries' stink.. The Grand Conjuration. Well, The pain i see in others is a bad song for Opeth.. But i do actually still like it. Porcelain Heart is in the same boat.

Nectar is dreadful

Even though I admit it is one of the most difficult songs to get into, the acoustic sections alone are beyond beautiful. Calling a song dreadful is a tad trollish; opinions are not being attacked but rather the choice of words.

it IS an amateurish album in the matter of production and vocals. Mikael cant sing at all compared to the later album, even MAYH is lightyears beyond morningrise and orchid both production- and vocalwise. Seriously though, I would love to hear a re-recording of the latter albums because I think they have potentional, maybe the twin harmonic guitars arent complex or elaborate but it still sounds amazing I mean just listen to TNATSW. I mean the primiary reason I bought the roundhouse tapes was because of UTWM and TNATSW

I've thought this as well. I would love to have Orchild and Mornigrise re-recorded (not that they have time for that). I just love the songwriting aspects of those albums.

That being said I cant nitpick any of their albums. Its kind of strange, but I like them all almost equally. Whatever is playing is my favorite at that moment in time.