Why don't the Opeth guys post here?

tintin

Oct 15, 2001
NYC
www.geocities.com
Considering how interesting this board is, you'd think the guys would post here more often. After all, they're just normal people like the rest of us, with the added gift of being able to make amazing music. Wonder if they ever lurk here? I wish they'd take a part in these threads....

Originally posted by CarcassKreator
Ok people, I'm going to meet the guys now... to work on the new album! It's gonna fucking rock!!!

Don't be silly now. You can't write the album if you aren't in Opeth. I, on the other hand, am just about to meet Peter now to throw a few ideas around. :D

Yeah, I was lying as well. Me pretending to be Mike was just a ploy, 'cos I'm really Peter. The best one. Yeah. In fact, it's me that writes the music, that Mike's such a liar.

that's really cool. i think it would be odd if he posted though, so i think he's got the right idea. everyone would get all teeny-bopperish and blather on about worshipping him, and it would change everything to KNOW for sure we were being watched by him.

and hehe, now he's going to refuse to shave that thing just to be stubborn.

Originally posted by Lee_B
Mike definitely lurks here once in a while, though he's never posted before. He called me a bastard for doing the "moustashe" poll a while back :)

Lee

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Where's the moustache poll. I'd like to vote. Or should we start a new one:)

i think Mike wouldn't post here because I'm assuming he doesn't want to be treated as some kind of rock god, it might even be a bad sign if he was the type of person who did crave such pointless adulation, it's more likely that he would post on some prog rock board to find out info on music he's into

on the other hand, once we all got used to having them around, they might just become part of the regulars, considering all of the new faces that pop up though, they'd always be faced with idol worship here

Originally posted by tintin
i think Mike wouldn't post here because I'm assuming he doesn't want to be treated as some kind of rock god, it might even be a bad sign if he was the type of person who did crave such pointless adulation, it's more likely that he would post on some prog rock board to find out info on music he's into

on the other hand, once we all got used to having them around, they might just become part of the regulars, considering all of the new faces that pop up though, they'd always be faced with idol worship here

probably right - although I think most of us would seem more inquisitive, asking him musical questions (even though we'd be sitting in front of the computer idolizing him - we just wouldn't let him know it)