Why Hypocrisy?

I dont really listen to them that much (compared to other bands) but they are close to my heart since they were one of the first DM bands i got into.
I was 16 when they released Abducted, im 29 today, I still love that album.

first of all, peter, IMO became the best screamer of all music, so many vocal textures, all of em aswesome, and the way he entwines them is just incredible.
and I think they play the perfect type of blackened death metal....its hard to tell it in written words...

some of the songs, like slippin away, until the end, the departure....etc etc etc X10 carry with them in an emotionnal intensity unequaled in all music (for me).

I can say that I listen to this band very rare for this moment 'coz of many different things.
But it's like a part of me, even on subconsious level. A drug that became by a component of my blood.

Why Hypocrisy? Good question actually.

For me it is one of the first metal bands i started listening. My first albums that i bought were Hypocrisy-Into The Abyss and Kalmah-Swamplord. I knew Hypocrisy by name back then. It's a band that grew on me and grew with me. I just become relaxed of Hypocrisy most of the times. Sides i'm a production junkie (i tend to like some things that are over produced) and on those terms Hypocrisy hardly ever fails for me.

because peter is such a good vocalist, and i can tell, i am a metal vocalist, too, so i know something about it. and it was the first metal band i listened to, and actually i liked it

Because of their awesome death metal..and because of a tallent and a charm of Peter Tagtgren...Hypocrisy and Peter got me into metal music about 13 years ago. I was a crying fan of Depeshe mode, ARM, The Cure and so on..and i didn;t like metal in general...But one day my husband who has ever been a strong metalhead, showed me the video of Roswell 47..and I was so impressed...the song was awesome...and the vocallist of the band.was so much amazing as a singer and as a man too....and Then i became in a metalhead and a fan..firstly of Hypocrisy, and later of other metal bands of course...Nowadays I still like Depeshe mode and..but actually i am a crying fan of Hypocrisy and of Peter. I think I like every one song that Peter has ever sang or played....Hypocrisy and Peter are just like first real love in my life..and they will always take a part in my heart....

I was a crying fan of Depeshe mode

You too? Well, I still am quite a huge fan of Depeche Mode. :worship: Actually DM is still so close to my heart that I'm seriously considering to run the Finnish Fan Club. However I'm afraid they wouldn't elect me as the president because of my eternal, burning love to metal music.. Finnish Depeche Mode fans can be really restricted and harsh.

So Krassy, have you heard the new album, Sounds of the Universe? What do you think?? I think it's full of crap. It's too positive and optimistic. All the dark elements which I fell in love with Depeche Mode in the first palce are gone.

But as an answer to my own question.. Because Hypocrisy is so damn good. Hypocrisy music gives me a reason to live and makes me happy even when I'm down in the lowest low. And those seldom times when I am satisfied with my life, Hypocrisy gives me that "little extra" and life can be described as perfect and beautiful.

cool, Im gonna see DM live in a couple of months for the first time in my life! Always was a huge fan too :)

Where?

Yesterday I bought tickets to Korn show in Helsinki 6th July , just because of the supporting acts: Pain & Entombed!

C'mon, I need my yearly dose of Peter. :loco:

Depeche Mode can wait. I actually had a free ticket to Depeche Mode concert in Riga this May but my bosses won't let me go. Mr Gahan can entertain me later on this year.

This summer i'm looking forward to see Mötley Crüe, Gojira, Arch Enemy, Metallica, AC/DC (for the first time in my life!), Misfits, Hammerfall, Faith No More, Immortal, My Dying Bride, Death Angel, Voivod and all the great Finnish bands: Apocalyptica, Amorphis, Nightwish, Stratovarius, Profane Omen, Children of Bodom, Before the Dawn, Diablo & Stam1na -and of course Pain and Entombed, perhaps even Korn.

Besides Metallica, AC/DC and Korn gigs, I'm gonna work on those events. So unfortunaltely I can not rampage in the front row all the time. But how many of you can admit that they have been watching Slayer gig on the roof of an ice-cream van? According to my knowledge there are only 2 persons. I and the head security man of Tuska Open Air 2008.

You too? Well, I still am quite a huge fan of Depeche Mode. :worship: Actually DM is still so close to my heart that I'm seriously considering to run the Finnish Fan Club. However I'm afraid they wouldn't elect me as the president because of my eternal, burning love to metal music.. Finnish Depeche Mode fans can be really restricted and harsh.

So Krassy, have you heard the new album, Sounds of the Universe? What do you think?? I think it's full of crap. It's too positive and optimistic. All the dark elements which I fell in love with Depeche Mode in the first palce are gone.

But as an answer to my own question.. Because Hypocrisy is so damn good. Hypocrisy music gives me a reason to live and makes me happy even when I'm down in the lowest low. And those seldom times when I am satisfied with my life, Hypocrisy gives me that "little extra" and life can be described as perfect and beautiful.
Hey Riviera..nice to meet a Finish fan of Depeshe mode here...but it is not too strange that metalheads who are fans of Hypocrisy, also like a music of DM...I watched an interview with Peter Tagtgren, then he said, he is a big fan of DM too....And the music of Pain is influenced of bands as Ramstein, Pantera and Depeshe mode. Anyways..I haven't still hear the new album of DM...by the way they will perform "Sounds of the Universe" here in Sofia on 18 of May...but I have not intentions to see their concert..cause actually I like their old songs as Little Sixteen, walking in my shoes and so on..you know well most of them...anyways I listen to them very rarely...because I live with Hypocrisy..Peter and some metal bands like CoF and CoB...for example...

(...)Yesterday I bought tickets to Korn show in Helsinki 6th July , just because of the supporting acts: Pain & Entombed! (...)

that sounds weird, supporting Korn... well, i've never seen Entombed & Pain and i'm a great fan of Entombed... hope to see them soon

also you will see Faith No More, also big fan of them... the reunion was a great fuckin notice for me

hahaha you will see also ac/dc, motley crue, metallica, death angel, voivod and amorphis

shit!!!! :yow::yow::yow::yow:

hahahaha that would be great, but i'm leaving in the corner of south america so that's impossible for now

but great news, Entombed comes in november :kickass:

anyway, hope to go to finland some day... i heared that girls are pretty there :worship:notworthy:heh::heh::D:D

Hey yay, another Finn :) Things you said about Hypocrisy sound very familiar. Like listening to them helps and fits in every situation. I have just fell in love with the music and that is basically it. Also Tägtgren has a divine voice, there´s no one who does it better than him.
Tuo Kornin keikka on varmaankin Hesassa? Mennyt multa ihan ohi :)

Siellähän se, vanhalla jäähallilla. Ite bongasin Helsingin päivämäärän Painin sivuilta ja uteliaisuuttani piti sit heti mennä kurkkimaan, että mikäs ihme se tämä keikka on.
Jahas, Korn.. kiva. Wow: Entombed lämppäämässä Painin ohella. = pakko mennä! :)
Just ehdottelin tossa pomolle, että kuis olis pikkuretki Qstockiin Ouluun tai Sandelsiin Iisalmeen.. Pain kun näyttäisi kuuluvan niidenkin artistikaartiin. Kysyi, että eikö Mötley Crüe ja Gojira riitä? *hih*

Its something magic with their music. When you listen to it, you rly listen to it. Lol. It fills you up with awsomeness. Atmosphereric pwnage! I love Hypocrisy.