Why is the metalness of Black Sabbath questioned but not 80s Priest or Dio?

Korn went under some other name and was doing stuff before then 1993. Gorguts probably prowled shitty local clubs in Central California and tried stealing their sound.

It's hard to put your finger on the birth of nu-metal. But the "Bring tha Noize" collab between Anthrax & Public Enemy would have to be one of the earliest examples. Rage Against the Machine could also be considered a forbearer.

I guess Korn's debut album is the first complete example.

It's hard to put your finger on the birth of nu-metal. But the "Bring tha Noize" collab between Anthrax & Public Enemy would have to be one of the earliest examples. Rage Against the Machine could also be considered a forbearer.

I guess Korn's debut album is the first complete example.
There's nothing nu-metal about that Anthrax/Public Enemy collab whatsoever. It's like blaming Aerosmith and Run DMC on nu-metal.

Reactions: jimmy101
There's at least *something* nu metal about that collab, metal, rapping, groove punctuated with whatever that sliding noise thing is. Easily the most original song in their discography.

Reactions: jimmy101
So funny seeing a bunch of whiteboy metal musicians providing the backdrop to lyrical passages like "Farrakhan's a prophet and I think you ought to listen..."
True. Chuck D also goes on to question the "blackness" of black radio stations haha.

Some of the Beastie Boys' early 90's stuff had to have been an influence too. Wouldn't categorize it as Nu metal though.

To be fair they were just replicating the sound of the original song.

Influential on the genre nonetheless.

It's rap rock which is a subgenre nu-metal owes some of their sound too, hardly controversial to bring it up in a discussion about nu-metal.

The only thing keeping Master of Reality from being a 5 star album for me is After Forever. The pro-Christian theme is too forced (it comes off to me as an attempt at proving to the public that they're not Satanists), and Ozzy vocals are lacking something (confidence in the theme, maybe)? The riffs are good, though. But the rest of the album I love, even the Interludes.

The only thing keeping Master of Reality from being a 5 star album for me is After Forever. The pro-Christian theme is too forced (it comes off to me as an attempt at proving to the public that they're not Satanists), and Ozzy vocals are lacking something (confidence in the theme, maybe)?
:rolleyes:

Reactions: CiG
Imagine thinking an album would be perfect if only one song didn't have a Christian theme lyrically.

Pathetic, also fuck Lester Bangs seconded. Music journalists are subhuman cunts.

Reactions: EchoForever