why should i

manic

New Metal Member
Oct 26, 2001
under your bed
i havent been listening opeth since orchid and id bet it has gone through many changes so my question is ...
(hey, who could answer better than you guys :D )

why should i listen to opeth?

yeah i know, i could just take a cd and listen but why, why are you into this? i know you probly have better or should i say more profound reasons that theyre just fucking great, right? just wanting some conversation here ...

manic

No one here could answer the question as to why you should listen to Opeth...I could tell you why I listen to Opeth and give you my reasons, but those reasons are mine...as others could tell you their reasons, but then those reasons are their own, too.

So I will say this to you...listen to them if you have a reason to or if you just want to...

If your asking yourself the question, you should answer it also. My answer, as JCP mentioned above, would be my reason for listening.

Lame answer, but I can offer no other words of advice - other than to at least listen once and decide if you should go on.

my reason is that i've never heard a band that so deftly combines heavy with soft, electric with acoustic, death growls with perfect-pitch clean vocals. they are the masters of smooth transitions. i find myself thinking, "how the hell did they just do that? but it worked!" every time i listen to them (even after thousands of times) i hear one more thing i never noticed. i don't get sick of them after repeated listenings. also, the melodies are heart-breakingly beautiful and intensely passionate, whether they're heavy or clean. for several of us on here, listening to opeth has ruined our desire to search for new music since nothing will ever top opeth. i'm beginning to get out of this rut, but i still know nothing will top opeth's combo of beauty and intensity for me.

enjoy!

Originally posted by Lina
my reason is that i've never heard a band that so deftly combines heavy with soft, electric with acoustic, death growls with perfect-pitch clean vocals. they are the masters of smooth transitions. i find myself thinking, "how the hell did they just do that? but it worked!" every time i listen to them (even after thousands of times) i hear one more thing i never noticed. i don't get sick of them after repeated listenings. also, the melodies are heart-breakingly beautiful and intensely passionate, whether they're heavy or clean. for several of us on here, listening to opeth has ruined our desire to search for new music since nothing will ever top opeth. i'm beginning to get out of this rut, but i still know nothing will top opeth's combo of beauty and intensity for me.

enjoy!

I concur.

i dont know do i lack of english skills or just skills expressing myself :confused: , but what i meant, of course, why are you listening, whats your story behind this, some ppl have very different stories why they love/like/hate some band
but thanks anyway and i do think i listen to them again when i just get a chance

Originally posted by manic
i dont know do i lack of english skills or just skills expressing myself :confused: , but what i meant, of course, why are you listening, whats your story behind this, some ppl have very different stories why they love/like/hate some band
but thanks anyway and i do think i listen to them again when i just get a chance

well i just like them as theyre nu-metal, yay :p