Why the hell is the big show not listed in the IOMA news???

jjmannford

Sep 17, 2002
Lutherville, MD
Visit site
I just checked and nothing is mentioned. It is only a month away. Jeez, maybe a fan of another IOMA band in the SF/OAK/SJ area that doesnt know about Enchant, may take a flyer and check out the show. Its your label, and your target audience. Whats up with that???:erk:

Jim,

They are just waiting on the artwork/logo to be completed. Once that is done there will be a banner on the site, as well as other sites, advertising the show. Thomas Ewerhard, who does are covers, has been swamped with other projects so he hasn't finished the artwork yet. We should have something by next week though.

Thanks for your concern and watching out for us though...much appreciated!

Doug

Thanks for the update Doug --- but while they are at it, could they freshen up their site's write-up on you guys??? The one on their site is still left from Blink! The picture is new - Bill is in it - but the write up is leftover from right after Blink came out. HELLO!!!! I actually sent them a note (a polite email) about that five or six months ago and heard nothing back. Um....I think you guys released a killer album last year - right?!?!?!? Tug of War, wasn't it??? :( !!

:tickled: Yeah Mare, I think we did put out another album last year! Didn't we tour for that record with Spock's Beard as well? Or did I just dream it?

IOMA is a bit slow on the draw, unlike the parent company in Germany who get's shit done fast and efficient. You have to prod them like an old cow that justs want to sit there chewing it's cud, if you want them to do anything. I'll mention it to them on Monday.

Thanks,

Doug

OceanMech said:
It's not IOMA who is slow, but Deron from Metalages, since he's the lazy, overworked webmaster, right?
Ouch!!! :guh: :lol:

... I don't think Deron is doing the poject for IOMA, at least.... he hasn't mentioned it to me. And I have been talking like a total fanboy to him about me flying out to see the show and he hasn't mentioned any involvment with it.

BUT... what Doug says here made me fall out of my chair Laughing!
Douglas A. Ott said:
IOMA is a bit slow on the draw, unlike the parent company in Germany who get's shit done fast and efficient. You have to prod them like an old cow that justs want to sit there chewing it's cud, if you want them to do anything.
An old cow!!! Are you SURE were not lablemates??? LOL! we go through the same thing on ocassion with our label (Ben... be good!) but we are learning to be content with it. :D

\m/
Dustin

Douglas A. Ott said:
:tickled: Yeah Mare, I think we did put out another album last year! Didn't we tour for that record with Spock's Beard as well? Or did I just dream it?

IOMA is a bit slow on the draw, unlike the parent company in Germany who get's shit done fast and efficient. You have to prod them like an old cow that justs want to sit there chewing it's cud, if you want them to do anything. I'll mention it to them on Monday.

Thanks,

Doug

Ah well, that explains that big black device there at the studio.
I feel better now knowing what it is for - I was starting to worry...
:)

~Bill

EnchantWeb said:
As far as I know, Deron is indeed the webmaster of the IOMA site.
I'd be more than happy to take over the site though, as well as the German one. :cool:

Wolf
www.webwizart.com
ahhh.... yes you are correct, he is the webmaster for IOMA. :D

I just wasn't sure if they farmed out the Enchant stuff or if Deron was handling it... He mentioned that they do farm out some of the web work, but most of the time, Deron is the man in charge for everything going on at the IOMA website. ;)

\m/
Dustin

It's called...if you want changes added and if the band has news, info, etc. simply come straight to me with it instead of the "round about take longer than needed" path :)

Guys, in the future, send all Enchant additions/requests to media@metalages.com and the time frame will speed up and I will know about things much faster instead of when they get thrown at me later than necessary, cheers!

My personal opinion is that Deron does an outstanding job on the websites he maintains. They are some of the coolest looking sites on the web. And in my few dealings with him he is easy to work with and very attentive and timely.

It has been my experience that it usually is the band(s) that are forgetful to update the webmasters with the latest news, and often you almost have to pester them to drag out new content. And they think that just because they are busy making music that it's OK. :rolleyes:

:lol:

OK, I'll give 'em that one.