Why Was The Rest of The Satyricon Tour Cancelled?

SlaughterofSoul

Forever Underground
Jan 28, 2002
Lewistown, PA
SATYRICON guitarists Steinar Gundersen and A.O. Gronbech were arrested and charged in Canada for drugging and raping a woman in the band's tour bus after a concert in Toronto.

"I can confirm that the Norwegian consul in Toronto has been in contact with the arrestees, and followed up by, among other things, visiting them in jail and obtaining legal assistance," said Anne Lene Dale Sandstein, press officer of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, to Norwegian TV 2 Nettavisen.

According to Canadian police, the crimes were committed after SATYRICON had performed at the club Fun Haus in Toronto last Tuesday (Dec. 14), reported the Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet.

"A woman from Toronto explained that she went with the two Norwegian musicians to their tour bus," said Kristin Bacharach at the Toronto police to the paper. There she was reportedly drugged and sexually assaulted.

Bacharach confirmed that the two musicians have been arrested and are charged. DNA tests have been taken. If found guilty, the two musicians may be sentenced to ten years in prison.

As a result of the musicians' arrests, the remaining dates on SATYRICON's North American tour with 3 INCHES OF BLOOD (including a New York show) were cancelled.

I guess we can say that we won't be hearing a new Spiral Architect cd soon (even though the band was on hold...), as Gundersen plays guitar in Spiral Architect...

Well... I guess it's good to see at least one black metal band that hasn't lost it's nihilistic edge... though rape is hardly in the "spirit of '93". Now if they would have killed her too, or done some goat-related ritual thing... yeah, I know, I know, I'll stop now. o_O :D

andrew_plamondon said:
I guess we can say that we won't be hearing a new Spiral Architect cd soon (even though the band was on hold...), as Gundersen plays guitar in Spiral Architect...

first thing that came to my mind

unknown said:
yeah seriously. If you wander into a Satyricon tour bus, I wouldn't expect anything too pleasant

A dildo with spikes comes to mind lol jk... anyways its like when that groupie went up to Mike Tyson's room.. what she think she was going there for? a bag of popcorn and some Three Stooges movies to pass the time? lol ...

Christie_fell said:
She deserved it. Wandering into their tour bus? Pfffflt c'mon, she knew what she was walking into.

and that would make them justified for raping her?

that's the stupidest shit I've heard all day.

Christie_fell said:
She deserved it. Wandering into their tour bus? Pfffflt c'mon, she knew what she was walking into.
Ok it was unwise of her to go in there, but to say she deserved it is going a bit far. Hell maybe she was just naive and got excited to check out a tour bus or something like that- is that really so horrible that it justifies being raped? If someone walks in a dangerous neighborhood late at night do they deserve to be raped, or are they just being unwise?

ShadowOfDeath said:
I guess this means no more phat beats, and the split with g-unit isn't likely to happen.

Volcano is about 500 million times more enjoyable than "THE TRUE APOCALYPSE". ;)

I find it funny that the chick is arguing against the rape victim and the other guy's defending her. Christie, I still have to give you a hot and heavy rape session, if you've forgotten. :headbang: