Why women are dumb

I could careless if I ever get a blowjob ever again. Not even worth it.

For whatever reason, "could care less" has worked its way into the American vernacular as meaning "couldn't care less." At least that's my experience with the phrase.

For whatever reason, "could care less" has worked its way into the American vernacular as meaning "couldn't care less." At least that's my experience with the phrase.

Yeah, like "drug" instead of "dragged". American dumbening of the English language at its finest.

But "drug" preserves the original strong verb form; if anything constitutes dumbing down, its the regularization of the verb into the simple past form of "dragged." Just look at the cognates of the word in other Germanic languages: German tragen, past tense trug; Dutch dragen, droeg; Swedish draga, drog, etc.

What is worse, a smart chick that tries to act dumb or a dumb chick that tries to act smart?

a smart chick acting dumb is actually pretty cool. at least she's trying be more approachable in a self-deprecating manner. more women should do that

I think it works to demonstrate a small, but non-zero amount of care. The use of it never bothers me. It's not like irregardless and regardless, which are definitely identical.

But "drug" preserves the original strong verb form; if anything constitutes dumbing down, its the regularization of the verb into the simple past form of "dragged." Just look at the cognates of the word in other Germanic languages: German tragen, past tense trug; Dutch dragen, droeg; Swedish draga, drog, etc.

Does this logic/origin apply to other words, like tear/torn, swore/sworn, etc? Years ago I embarrassed myself when I accidentally said "pourn" when I meant to say "poured", but knowing I may have just been channeling my Aryan ancestors fills me with pride.

Does this logic/origin apply to other words, like tear/torn, swore/sworn, etc? Years ago I embarrassed myself when I accidentally said "pourn" when I meant to say "poured", but knowing I may have just been channeling my Aryan ancestors fills me with pride.

The word "pour" doesn't have any Germanic cognates, and is likely of Celtic origin. Loanwords are almost always weak verbs, so I would assume that is the case here as well. Language tends to iron out irregularities over time, so there are many verbs that used to be strong but are now weak verbs. One example is "help", which used to have the past tense of "holp" and the past participle of "holpen." Occasionally, however, it works in the other direction, with the American English past tense of "dove" for "dive", by analogy to "drive>drove".

Wait, we do that? I have never once heard anyone do that.

It's not Americans as a whole, just certain American dialects.

Yes great but it still sounds lazy and dumb and incorrect.

Wait, we do that? I have never once heard anyone do that.

First time I came across it was on this forum.

Sentinelslain needs to change his avatars and shit. It strains my fucking eyes bad.

There are people out there who don't like (or would rather not date) a smart woman? I don't understand this at all. So, you never want to be challenged, mentally, by your partner or whoever you're sleeping with? Which means, you never really want to get to know someone in a deeper level, which sorta means you just don't see that person as a person or really care about them. I mean… at that point, what's the point of trying to find a gal in the first place? Just have one night stands and be by yourself.

At the end of the day, everyone wants to be treated like a person; and really and truly, there's no one who exists out there who is incapable of ever having intelligent thoughts (unless they are severely severely impaired) and not want to engage in intelligent conversations from time to time.

I personally cannot be with anyone who isn't engaging or passionate about anything at all. Sometimes I think life is rad and I want to go ahead and do rad things and explore shit. I get bored easily, tbh, and i don't care if the person looks like Johnny Depp, if there's nothing upstairs that's an absolute turnoff and I won't be interested. Also someone being "stupid" does not make them more "nice." Being nice is not connected to intelligence, that's just a separate personality trait. I know tons of girls who aren't the smartest but they spend all their time into themselves and their looks, and will only hang out with guys and gals they thought were attractive too. Shallowness is disgusting, and though everyone is shallow to some extent, i honestly start thinking people are less attractive (sometimes downright fucking ugly because in my experience people who care this much about looks are rarely people who are actually really attractive to begin with) if i perceive them to be straight out shitty human beings.

skel2.png