Wich band(s) dont you like?

:lol: nah I mean you won't find many black/death metal fans here on the symphony x board but you'll find plenty of them on the other boards :cool:

Originally posted by Ultimate_Symphony
That's not the point Dado, the point is that this thread has become a bashfest against bands. Common it's good to joke around but this has become fucking trend now on the board and people get annoyed by it (and it's disrectpectful to the bands)

:D

Oh, you mean names like Craptalica or Buns 'n' Hoses? I'm not trying to be disrespectful, those are pet names! :D ;)
No, seriously, its my bad. I apologize for that.
A bad habit, I guess. :(

heh. well i also like cradle and dimmu, though i wouldn't necessarily call them BM.

i enjoy my death and black metal as well.

what i don't understand though, is why a lot of guys here hate power metal.

usually prog and power would go hand in hand!

Originally posted by fustiar
heh. well i also like cradle and dimmu, though i wouldn't necessarily call them BM.

Cradle of Filth gives a false picture of Black Metal, CoF is just bullshit I cannot stand (just my opinion), it has nothing to do with black metal (except the first album). The elder Dimmu (the 3 first albums) is definitely as Black Metal as it could be, but the newest album is "just metal".
It always makes me wonder why "hardcore black metal maniacs" (actually I'm almost that) hates Enthrone Darkness Triumphant only because it sold so much. Can't black metal be any better, that is so marvellous.

:heh: you won't find many black or death metal fans here, i'm one of the few death metal fans around here:)

I'm a Death metal fan also but I have trouble getting into most of the Black metal bands.

Originally posted by fustiar
heh.
what i don't understand though, is why a lot of guys here hate power metal.

usually prog and power would go hand in hand!

I don't understand why you feel this way. Progressive music of any type is usually very involved and that's what I like about it and power metal just doesn't measure up to this just like most of todays "nu-metal".

Originally posted by Dado-x
Oh, you mean names like Craptalica or Buns 'n' Hoses? I'm not trying to be disrespectful, those are pet names! :D ;)
No, seriously, its my bad. I apologize for that.
A bad habit, I guess. :(

:lol: you stinkin bastard :D ;) oh and apology accepted :p

I'm a Death metal fan also but I have trouble getting into most of the Black metal bands.

oh why? the wannabe the biggest anti-religious person image? hehe or the vocals? I don't like many black metal bands either, only a few :)

:
oh why? the wannabe the biggest anti-religious person image? hehe or the vocals? I don't like many black metal bands either, only a few :)

The vocals and the wall of noise that is usually in the back ground are what does it in for me. There are some that I do listen to and they usually have a female vocalist who offsets the terrible male screaming. I'm also against extendend use of the double bass drums and if they don't have some intense jamming going on above it then I won't listen to it.

I'm also no wannabe with my anti-religious image either!:lol:

I guess I just don't understand the relevance of a "which bands don't you like" thread. I absolutely respect everyone's opinions, and am not offended by any of this, but how does anyone get any value from knowing what bands other people don't like. All this does is create a raging bitch fest like we currently have going on in this discussion.

Originally posted by BastrdDrmr
To all the people that say that they hate Pantera.... can you say Wicked?

Just because we like a supposedly Pantera-influenced song, doesn't mean we have to love Pantera.

Originally Posted by blackstaRR

Cradle of Filth gives a false picture of Black Metal, CoF is just bullshit I cannot stand (just my opinion), it has nothing to do with black metal (except the first album). The elder Dimmu (the 3 first albums) is definitely as Black Metal as it could be, but the newest album is "just metal".
It always makes me wonder why "hardcore black metal maniacs" (actually I'm almost that) hates Enthrone Darkness Triumphant only because it sold so much. Can't black metal be any better, that is so marvellous.

i know that, that's why i said i wouldn't necessarily call them black metal. just that you have to admit their first albums were influenced by black metal greatly.