• Death Angel

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CAI

weed up your life
Apr 7, 2004
La Plata, Argentina
We all know wich are the big 4 in thrash music, and we all know why...Let`s pretend that 1 more band will join the untouchable group, so think about their whole history in music, albums they made, live shows and how influential are they......

I`ll go with Over Kill; 23 years of great music, no bad albums, in fact some of the better albums on the thrash field, and a great band to see alive.
Testament should be the next.

Jesus, it's been a long time since I listened to either of these bands. Means it's time to get some of their discs out of the mothballs over here.

I gave my vote to Overkill - I honestly don't remember listening to a disc of theirs that I didn't at least like. Testament is a real close second. I just never got into either Exodus or Death Angel myself.

Definitely either Exodus or Testament. I voted Testament just because I like them a little more but Exodus definitely played a big part in the whole movement. Probably more so then Testament earlier on.

Testament.... Exodus would be if they had Zetro, Rick, and Tom........
Death Angel is my favorvite but Testament is worldwide.......

wheres sepultura? they were big enough for that by then for sure......i'd vote for them if they were in the list ;) i love that band

In order

1. testament. No explaination needed, but you'll get one anyway. More standout albums/songs than any of the other 3, and a tremendous talent in skolnick
2. exodus. 1 historic album can't get you on the list. BIB is one of the albums that epitomize thrash, but they went down from there.
3. overkill. Their singer kept them from getting bigger notoriety/success. If you're a thrash band and beavis & butthead make fun of you, you know there's a problem
4 death angel. Teh suck

I voted Testament but Exodus is all about the Thrash and playing with punk bands too :headbang:

I like Death Angel too and some old Overkill stuff.

I enjoy Exodus all around. I only like Overkill's "Feel the Fire" and Testament are my second favorite band so naturally I voted them.

LORD_GALVATRON said:
In order

3. overkill. Their singer kept them from getting bigger notoriety/success. If you're a thrash band and beavis & butthead make fun of you, you know there's a problem

OMG!!!! Do you really think that Blitz is the one to blame for being so underrated?? Over kill signature is Blitz voice ( and dd`s rythm bass) and in my humble opinion (behind thousands more) Blitz is one of the best Thrash singers.

I wanted to pick Exodus. BBB is a true classic. If they had made one more album even half as good as it, I would choose them. But they didn't. Pretty much the same (imo) for Overkill with FTF. So by default I pick Testament.

Exodus will always be in the big 4 to me (replacing Metallica). They were so important in the movement, and, lets not forget Kirk Hammet was in Exodus. Freaking Metallica had to steal people from everywhere.

Anyway, I think all those bands are great and deserve a huge amount of respect. They were all very important in the movement and they all kick ass.