• Exodus

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Testament

Votes: 28 62.2%
  • Death Angel

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bah, you're all phillistines! I pick REAL thrash metal like....Acid Reign, Slammer or Onslaught

*snigger*

Only joking!

I meant Xentrix!

*guffaw*

No, but seriously, I mean Sabbat! (UK), especially the third album!

*rolls in the aisles*

They were a little later, and not strictly pure thrash, and didn't receive much in the way of popular support, but Skyclad are my favourite British "thrash band", for what it's worth.

Of the "big" bands, I dig Exodus the most as the 5th, mostly because they kept their own beat, and didn't try and sound like anyone else. Testament, much as I like them, always seemed to me to be trying to sound like other bands. Initially Megadeth, then Metallica. I still like 'em though...

Carcassian said:
Bah, you're all phillistines! I pick REAL thrash metal like....Acid Reign, Slammer or Onslaught

*snigger*

Only joking!

I meant Xentrix!

*guffaw*

No, but seriously, I mean Sabbat! (UK), especially the third album!

*rolls in the aisles*

They were a little later, and not strictly pure thrash, and didn't receive much in the way of popular support, but Skyclad are my favourite British "thrash band", for what it's worth.

Of the "big" bands, I dig Exodus the most as the 5th, mostly because they kept their own beat, and didn't try and sound like anyone else. Testament, much as I like them, always seemed to me to be trying to sound like other bands. Initially Megadeth, then Metallica. I still like 'em though...

I chose Sabat (Jap)

CAI said:
I`ll go with Over Kill; 23 years of great music, no bad albums, in fact some of the better albums on the thrash field, and a great band to see alive.
Testament should be the next.
My thoughts exactly

So, Beavis and Butthead made fun of Blitz, who gives a shit? Horrorscope shoulda won a fucking Grammy. Exodus fans (of which I am one) always complain about Exodus getting no love, but I say that doubly for Overkill. And, before Slayer's inclusion wasn't Testament a member of The Big 4?
Exodus has more than some great albums(Fabulous Disaster, Bonded By Blood, andTempo of the Damned was one of the better efforts of 04), but Overkill has been rock solid to excellent for 20 years. Here is how I'd vote
Overkill
Testament (last 3 albums are FANTASTIC)
Exodus(Problems with the vocalist keep this from being 2. I've liked all of the vocalists, its just they never gave any of them enough time to get their own voice or following.)

That's a tough decision because they're all great in my book.
I'll go with Testament though, just because I have been lisening to Live at the Filmore a lot lately.

Iron-Death said:
I take your Sabbat (turkey) and raise it one Metal Inqusitor

Hmmmmmmm...(ponders)...I'll take your inquisitor, and raise you a Pentagram...

no, Not (Us)

No, not (Turkey)

Pentagram (Chile) Muthafucka!

lokey said:
wheres sepultura? they were big enough for that by then for sure......i'd vote for them if they were in the list ;) i love that band

Up to and including "Arise" I'm right with ya.

Chaos A.D. and after, feh, who cares ?

Well, the big 4 are there because they were the first four bands to get big distribution deals so the logical 5th band is Testament who also got a huge distribution deal (with Atlantic).

Over Kill and Exodus are fucking brilliant, too good to be put next to the big 4. Death Angel suck though, I hate them. I also think Sepultura should be considered because Beneath the Remains sold 500 000 in Europe before it was even released there (it was bootlegged)! And weren't Sodom the first European Thrash band to get a platinum album with Agent Orange? Coma of Souls (Kreator) also sold a shit load I believe...

I think a lot of people view the big 4 as 'the best 4' which is so very wrong. From the big four I still love a selection of Anthrax, the first two Megadeths and Reign in Blood.

Never really got into Death Angel or Overkill, neither of whom I think were as important as Testament or Exodus. I think I'd place Sepultura above Death Angel and Overkill as well. Overall, I think I'd go for Exodus. Bonded by Blood is still an awesome album and they never seemed to get the breaks.