wich of the most anticipated albums have dissapointed you so far?

no_reply

comfortably numb
Feb 2, 2006
in flames-como clarity.......................i apologize my english sucks

This year? None! Much to my surprise...
a short overview so far:

Katatonia - GCD: much better than I could ever hope for. It's simply perfect. After VE, I was afraid they'd continue to do more of the same. I thought VE was a bit on the cheesy side (I KNOW many of you strongly disagree with me here, but it's just an opinion). And TGCD, well, it's so cold and bitter, it's great.

Tool - 10.000 Days: Well, I had high expectations after Lateralus' pure perfection, and although it's not as fantastic as Lateralus, 10.000 Days is still a gem.

The Gathering - Home: Less of the electric stuff (which I didn't mind at all though) and a bit more rocky. I really dig it.

Moonspell - Memorial: Have listened only once, but it seems far better than the last 2 efforts so far, which I simply hated. Still not as good as Irreligious and Sin/Pecado.

Ancient Rites - Rvbicon: Amazing new album of Flanders' patriots. There are sooo many layers that you keep discovering little details. It's more aggressive again, contrary to the previous album, Dim Carcosa. Old member Bart returned for this one, and it shows off. Although I do miss the BEAUTIFUL melancholic melodies of Jan Yrlund. But songs like Templar and Brabantia make this album an instant classic.

Mogwai - Mr Beast: Ahhh, the most relaxing music ever, perfect soundtrack while chilling on your bed. But more importantly: they're back! I thought the last 2 albums were a bit uninspired.

I only listened to albums of bands I really love so far though. I won't even bother checking out In Flames.

I thought the new In Flames was a lot stronger than the previous 2. Anders isn't so annoying on this one and there is some nice melodies.

I was sorta dissapointed in the new Dissection album. I mean I in no way want another Somberlain or SOTLB, but this Reinkaos is rather repetitive and the drummer seems to stick to the same formula for every song. Still good because I'm a sucker for Melo Death.

Besides that I love everything I heard this year so far.

Moonspell was quite disappointing, the songs seem really poorly written. The new Satyricon has also disappointed me, they seem to stick to the same boring simplistic rock structures, they have definetely gotten progressively worse since rebel, which was an amazing album. Ironically I enjoy the new Dissection alot, granted its not in the same style as the older stuff, but there are some great melodies and memorable tracks, just not anything extreme or complex - no one really makes ultra melo-death metal like this anymore.

I was slightly dissapointed in the new Old Man's Child "Vermin"...I realize it wasn't exactly "highly anticipated"...but I've also wanted to hear another album of his that came close to "Born of the Flickering", and I must say that I was dissapointed in the new Hypocrisy "Virus"..great songs on there, but still not what I was hoping for.

Damn I thought the new Hypocrisy is the best since the Self Titled. Very brutal and the riffs are amazing. Only the best from Peter.

And the new Moonspell is epic as fuck! I'm so glad hes growling again. One of the best I've ever heard.

LifeDepraved said:
Damn I thought the new Hypocrisy is the best since the Self Titled. Very brutal and the riffs are amazing. Only the best from Peter.

And the new Moonspell is epic as fuck! I'm so glad hes growling again. One of the best I've ever heard.

Hypocrisy has not sounded this good since the self-titled album. I actually seem to like this one better. The first song on the album is a killer.
As for Moonspell, I wish they did something more in the vein of Sin/Pecado rather than going back to the sound of Irreligious. It's pretty enjoyable at times but doesn't conjure up anything special for me the way Sin/Pecado did.

So far I am not too happy with either the new Tool or the new Satyricon. Now, Diabolical might grow on me after a while, however, so I haven't give up hope on it yet.

The devin townsend band -Synchestra...

It's really too much "weird" stuff on there... I don't like the overall atmophere...
bwah, I am a great fan of mr Devin, but this album really disappoints me...

Vincent J. said:
The devin townsend band -Synchestra...

It's really too much "weird" stuff on there... I don't like the overall atmophere...
bwah, I am a great fan of mr Devin, but this album really disappoints me...

Wow, really? I think its an amazing album...each to their own i guess.

I was a bit disappointed by TGCD. It wasnt quite what i expected.

Well with Tool...at least for me, each album needs a long time to grow on me. Especially the new one. New Satyricon is ugly. I knew it was gonna be bad, but I didn't think it could reek this bad!

Come Clarity=The worst In Flames album ever!!!!It's a fuckin disappointment as I am(or was) a big fan of In Flames and Anders Friden.And Deftones for the album that's not out yet(for letting the fans down tired of waiting)

It can be a good album if I force myself I could like it but believe me it's nothing compared to clayman or reroute to remain even soundtrack to your escape...The lyrics are not even like In Flames and I think that Anders fucked up his voice totally...I got the regular edition I wish I hadn't at least my respect for them would have continued...

the mourner13 said:
It can be a good album if I force myself I could like it but believe me it's nothing compared to clayman or reroute to remain even soundtrack to your escape...The lyrics are not even like In Flames and I think that Anders fucked up his voice totally...I got the regular edition I wish I hadn't at least my respect for them would have continued...

you nutter :p I never understood those fans who liked post-clayman In Flames more than stuff previous. For me, Come Clarity is by far the better of the last 3. Don't really like any of them much though.