wich of the most anticipated albums have dissapointed you so far?

Hypnos said:
Novembre's 'Materia' is pretty disappointing. mediocre songs + crappy clean vocals...

I think it's a pretty good record. I think the vocals are a matter of taste, i like them the way they are. Haven't listened to it that much yet.

I was quite disappointed of Opeth's Ghost Reveries. There were some good songs on it but overall it is way worse than their older releases.

Ghost Reveries is an album that requires some more attention and time, I was a little disappointed too in the beginning, and only after a couple of months I started to get into it. It is an amazingly sophisticated album. The only somewhat weaker track is "The Grand Conjuration" i.m.o., it's a bit too repetitive, but then that song works great live.

It's also definitely one of their most varied albums, so 'boring' is a qualification that not even in the least can apply to this album.

I found TGCD quite disappointing, save a few songs. Dissections "Reinkaos" obviously sucked ass, but everyone saw that one coming. Opeths "Ghost Reveries" was pure shit as well.

As for positive surprises, Amorphis and Daylight Dies have released awesome CDs.

Hooooly motherfuck, I just listened to a song of the new Saturnus album.
If the whole album is as good as this song, this will beat any other 2006 album, IT'S THAT GOOD!! Completely in the vein of Paradise Belongs to You, couldn't be any better!!!

I was a bit dissapointed with the nwe album of Green Carnation ''Acoustic Verses''. I'm not into acoustic stuff, In fact I can say that I don't like it at all. But I was expecting from green carnation to make it different, to make a creepy, dark acoustic prog journey, not just acoustic. Well, there are some highlights such as ''The Burden Is Mine'' and the song that is divided into 3 others, that goes 15 minutes has its good moments, as well as the last one. What annoys me on this album, is that it miss the power and the blast, mostly because it is acoustic and the traditional-alike instruments at some parts.

theres something odd with tgcd,ive been listening for old kata albums for so long and still there's something special about 'em wich i havent found in tgcd,they're kinda dissapointing due the song structure i guess, it's more about verse,chorus, verse,............the same with memorial(moonspell) it is so predictable,this is the worst year for music i think.........

you should listen daylight dies new album as well, today i'm diggin' saturnu's new album, thanx brou ,u've made my day............my english sucks.thanx cerulean

Cerulean said:
Hooooly motherfuck, I just listened to a song of the new Saturnus album.
If the whole album is as good as this song, this will beat any other 2006 album, IT'S THAT GOOD!! Completely in the vein of Paradise Belongs to You, couldn't be any better!!!
Where do you find this!

EDIT: right, MySpace I guess

I think the new tool, katatonia, opeth and novembre are all amazing.

I'm a little disappointed in the new devin townsend cd just because I expect much more.