wich of the most anticipated albums have dissapointed you so far?

The only two albums that were disappointing to me were In Flames and Lacuna Coil, but my expectations weren't very high to begin with.

I love Ghost Reveries. It's a lot more prog that their previous albums, but I can understand if other fans don't like it.

The new DTB is amazing. He never ceases to amaze me since every record he's made has been fantastic.

Whoever mentioned the weak drum sound on new Agalloch needs to have their ears checked. It's perfect, with the exception of the bass drums being slightly too loud.

Agalloch said:
Whoever mentioned the weak drum sound on new Agalloch needs to have their ears checked. It's perfect, with the exception of the bass drums being slightly too loud.
No, it's not perfect, it's overcompressed, the kick is undefined, and the snare sounds crappy

Nice try, though

Charon8 said:
on topic: so far 10K Days and TGCD are brilliant. I'm interested in the new Lacuna Coil also...

Well, Lacuna Coil`s new one is not so good as I expected, not a bad album - but measured on Comalies and Unleashed Memories - disappointing.

And TGCD and Ghost Reveries are brillant, like everything else that Kata and Opeth did.

Yeah I can say the new Lacuna Coil is not really good. I knew after Comalies that this sudden popularity would take a toll on their music. Oh well I don't really enjoy anything besides In A Reverie anyways.

myra said:
The new DTB is amazing. He never ceases to amaze me since every record he's made has been fantastic.
You are like the secont person I've found that likes Synchestra, I really like it too, every song is perfect.... even Vampolka :lol:

After hearing about Porcupine Tree for so long I decided to pick up Deadwing this year. I had heard a few songs off In Abstentia, and while I liked them they didn't really catch me. Deadwing is actually growing on me. Two months ago I would have said Deadwing sucked, but now I think I actually like it.

well synchestra is just a grower... not so straightforward as accelerated evolution... hypergeek is a great instrumental, the heavy part is mind-blowin, pixilliate is amazing too.. the baby song confuses and amuses me... i'm still lovin it...

10,000 days disappointed me a little bit... and tool is my favorite band, i had such high expectations... but hey, they keep on surprising me...:loco:

Keltoi said:
After hearing about Porcupine Tree for so long I decided to pick up Deadwing this year. I had heard a few songs off In Abstentia, and while I liked them they didn't really catch me. Deadwing is actually growing on me. Two months ago I would have said Deadwing sucked, but now I think I actually like it.

yeah i found the same thing with deadwing... at the start there was nothing that really jumped out at me but now i really like it.

10k days disappointed me at the beginning but everytime i hear it now theres something new to focus on and im beginning to enjoy it a lot more.

biggsy said:
yeah i found the same thing with deadwing... at the start there was nothing that really jumped out at me but now i really like it.

10k days disappointed me at the beginning but everytime i hear it now theres something new to focus on and im beginning to enjoy it a lot more.

that happen when you have certain expectation in a album...like expect the cd to be like something that in the end is not, and you get dissapointed, and with time you realize diferent is good.

Androz said:
You are like the secont person I've found that likes Synchestra, I really like it too, every song is perfect.... even Vampolka :lol:

Vampolka is great! They actually played that when I saw them w/ Opeth.

Synchestra is probably my most listened to album this year and I really think it's one of Devin's best. It really took me a few listens to really get into it. Now it hasn't left my CD player in about 2 months. hehe!

I guess the new Novembre would be a disappointment for me. It's not horrible, but it's nowhere near as good as Classica or Novembrine Waltz. There's way too much clean singing and some of the songwriting just isn't very song. Instead of taking a step forward they took a few back unfortunately. Still, it's not a bad album. Just not their best.

Tool disappointed me at first, but it grew on me enough for me to change my opinion about it. It's classic Tool, it just doesn't compare to Aenima or Undertow. It's sort of like a weirder Lateralus, which is fine.

Plus the new albums from In Flames, Moonspell, and Lacuna Coil I didn't have high hopes for anyway, but they're pretty crappy.

Definetly, In Flames... But I always knew that no good can ever come of this, so it wasn't a dissapointment though. But still - I believe in the miracles. I liked Soundtrack to Your Escape, but this is one is just... just... just a fucking mistake. And In Flames are look and acting like Korn, is it a joke? Fuck off US standarts!