wich of the most anticipated albums have dissapointed you so far?

the new afi cd is pretty horrible. The only good track on the cd is the killing lights. This cd is best explained as candycore if there is such a thing.

Bands like afi and thursday, first appeared when there weren't any or much emo stuff. But I think that emo kids like such bands and those bands often sound very close to emo, something that I neither like nor hate. I think that emo is a genre like rock & roll and grunge that appeared from nowhere and became some kind of trend, fashion. After a few years, just gone, and no other bands of this genre appeared later. Metal is something that changes but last in time. That's off-topic, sry.

Well I like Thursday because they have some good songwriting. I can't stand some of the screams though (it's more like hes taking a shit or his balls are pinched). But some of those bands that are shoved in the corner with the genre marked "emo" aren't too bad. They just get a bad rep because of the fans.

well the new thursday is amazing and much better than their old cds which i don't like too much. I don't think the new cd is "emo" at all and afi has never really been emo.

the same with lacuna's mastershit,karmacode? lol comalies was ok though my gf loved that band

I enjoyed the new Tool. But it always takes me a long time so fully soak in the album.

Seeing as everyones talking about Ghost Reveries, ill add my two cents. At first i was so pleased with it, but over time i've found myself listening to it less and less. Not saying its a bad album, it has many good songs, i just listen to their other albums more.

Ihsahn's solo album has surprised me so much. I didnt know what to expect, but its great, some really good tracks. The only thing that disappointed me was the lack of distorted vocals.

I didnt like Materia, granted it was my first experience of Novembre but i just couldnt listen to the whole album.

I really waited for Dream theater's Octavarium 'cause I loved almost everything they made especially Scenes from a memory and Train of Thought...Octavarium can't even be called solid...it's pure liquid shit
listened to it about 3 or 4 times and got really sick of it...
The new Tool was rather disappointing and after It grew on me it's still nowhere as good as Lateralus or Aenima
another disappointment for me was Evergrey's Monday Morning Apocalypse...I used to really love Evergrey and it shows they really lost their magic IMO

off topic: DegradationTrip, where do I know u from? I'm thinking gamefaqs but not sure...ur name and avatar are familiar somehow.

on topic: so far 10K Days and TGCD are brilliant. I'm interested in the new Lacuna Coil also...