Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360?

Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360?

• Total voters
ps3 has higher poly count but xbox is capable of better textures, which textures is what counts because high polies will look like glossy boxes. It's easier to develop for xbox360 so that means better ports and games. i heard the games are taking up 5 gigs right now to save on the ps3, can you say crap. The multi processors can work independently on the 360 but not the ps3, which means smarter ai. sure the ps3 has the mgs4 and dmc4 and even gow3 but it's not worth buying a system that is no were near as good as xbox360 plus the xbox has it's own games. and I heard konami are prolly gonna release mgs4 on the 360 because not enough people will have the ps3. I loved my ps2 and xbox was meh but this time is definitely the other way around. don't waste your money on a expensive doorstopper. sony gives two shits about the gamers themselves, they constantly release system that will shit out within months(sure xbox does it too but no where near as bad as sony is doing with the ps3) and look as the psp they fucked the people who payed the high price to buy one of those and pretty much gave up on the thing. Go to best buy they freeze every 15 minutes. anyone with half a braincell can see a 360(which is better in my humble opinion alone) plus the wii(which is a fun little system and has zelda) for the same price as a ps3 is the only way to go.

:lol:

Xbox 360, I love mine, played the others and I don't think I'd use them often enough as far as their exclusive games go to make them worth buying.

I never played any of those (or any others...) but if I voted I would pick Xbox 360 because the name sounds sexy...

I never played any of those (or any others...) but if I voted I would pick Xbox 360 because the name sounds sexy...

Sexbox 360?

I voted PS3. Having owned both Playstation and Playstation 2 PS3 seems like a logical choice to me.

Plus I'm a huge Metal Gear fan, can't wait for MGS4.

like I said mgs4 is prolly gonna be on the 360 cuz sales of the ps3 suck. I saw 10 of em sitting there in the store today and the freakin thing just came out. this should be the tagline of the 360: sony fucked up, buy a 360 instead

I own a 360 and a Wii and I've played the PS3 a handfull of times. I choose the 360.

Wii is fun, but the controller has its quirks with the motion sensing, and in order for it to do well, that controller needed to be flawless, and its not. The games aren't all "fun" some are annoying because of the week controller and some are tiresome because your are repeating the same motions over and over.

PS3. Its a powerhouse, the Blu-Ray is probably going to win over HD-DVD and the fact that the games are on these 25GB disks is awesome. The only problem is sony is letting developers put out shitty games that dont take advantage of the power of the ps3. Also the controller for the PSX, PS2, and PS3 are all TERRIBLE. Its too small, the layout of the analog sticks are in a cramped position. I feel like i should be using the D-Pad for everything instead of the analog. They should switch the position of the Left Analog stick with the D-Pad like on the xbox controllers. That would make it much more comfortable.

Also The fact that its Digital Video out ONLY really hurts them. With the 360 at least anyone with an old or new TV can still play.

And I love the 360 because of the games, Xbox Live is second to none with the content that they offer and their flawless online play. The controller is very comfortable, the way the wireless works is also very well done. I like that they are using USB and let you expand through it such as the HD-DVD player, or an Ipod dock, USB card reader, External Hard Drive. Also the 360 integrates with Windows computers so you can stream your music from your computer across the network to your 360 to play in game

The only thing i dont like about the 360 is originally they announced that the AV port is capable of sending out a Digital Signal so that they can make an HDMI cable for the 360 and then with a software update, use it digitally. Now they are talking about making a second generation xbox 360 with digital out... I'll be pissed.

I own a 360 and a Wii and I've played the PS3 a handfull of times. I choose the 360.

Wii is fun, but the controller has its quirks with the motion sensing, and in order for it to do well, that controller needed to be flawless, and its not. The games aren't all "fun" some are annoying because of the week controller and some are tiresome because your are repeating the same motions over and over.

PS3. Its a powerhouse, the Blu-Ray is probably going to win over HD-DVD and the fact that the games are on these 25GB disks is awesome. The only problem is sony is letting developers put out shitty games that dont take advantage of the power of the ps3. Also the controller for the PSX, PS2, and PS3 are all TERRIBLE. Its too small, the layout of the analog sticks are in a cramped position. I feel like i should be using the D-Pad for everything instead of the analog. They should switch the position of the Left Analog stick with the D-Pad like on the xbox controllers. That would make it much more comfortable.

Also The fact that its Digital Video out ONLY really hurts them. With the 360 at least anyone with an old or new TV can still play.

And I love the 360 because of the games, Xbox Live is second to none with the content that they offer and their flawless online play. The controller is very comfortable, the way the wireless works is also very well done. I like that they are using USB and let you expand through it such as the HD-DVD player, or an Ipod dock, USB card reader, External Hard Drive. Also the 360 integrates with Windows computers so you can stream your music from your computer across the network to your 360 to play in game

The only thing i dont like about the 360 is originally they announced that the AV port is capable of sending out a Digital Signal so that they can make an HDMI cable for the 360 and then with a software update, use it digitally. Now they are talking about making a second generation xbox 360 with digital out... I'll be pissed.

I'll agree with ya there. Except I think Blu-Ray is just going to get phased out.

One other point I'd like to add about the Wii is the fact that you can't play music CD's on it. Its novelty runs off a bit too eventually. I still love the innovation of it though. I can't wait for other games to take complete control of it.

I figure its moreso the games rather than the controller that has flaws.

with the wii, its annoying that you have to do the same hand motion 2 or 3 times before it actually registers properly.

Verbatim is releasing a Tripple layer HD-DVD disk that will hold 51GB, 1GB more than the current Highest capacity Blu-Ray disk
51GB triple-layer HD DVDs in the pipeline? - Engadget

Also, for the 360 I read this

In a move that will combine the power of Xbox 360 with Microsoft TV IPTV Edition, Bach provided an early look at a new service, IPTV on Xbox 360. The offering is expected to deliver world-class TV experiences such as digital video recording capabilities, with gaming, movie viewing, and even voice and video communications. Tapping into an expanded set of entertainment experiences, you will be able to watch your favorite sporting event live while chatting with your friends, or participate in a match on Xbox Live® while you record a TV program in the background.
Thats pretty cool, I've been waiting for IPTV to make its debut.

Also, to Rival the PS3, there are talks of a Xbox 360 version 2 which will have a Built in HDMI port for digital out, a 65nm processor which runs cooler than the current processor, as well as the release of a 120GB hard drive.
The second Xbox 360 revealed: codename Zephyr - Engadget

This pisses me off because MS originally said that the Xbox 360 is capable of Digital Output and when the HDTV market matures enough, they will release an HDMI cable for the 360 that will allow Digital Output over the current AV port with a software update. That would be cool because then exsisting owners could buy a 100 dollar cable instead of a whole new console.

I'll agree with ya there. Except I think Blu-Ray is just going to get phased out.

One other point I'd like to add about the Wii is the fact that you can't play music CD's on it. Its novelty runs off a bit too eventually. I still love the innovation of it though. I can't wait for other games to take complete control of it.

I hope so because the name Blu-Ray is gay, HD-DVD sounds much better.

It was cheaper to take out the CD and DVD player from the Wii, Nintendo wanted to produce the cheapest console that they could and put all their eggs into one basket, that basket being just gameplay.

It was cheaper to take out the CD and DVD player from the Wii, Nintendo wanted to produce the cheapest console that they could and put all their eggs into one basket, that basket being just gameplay.

Which is ingenious really.

pretty much, i have 6 devices in my bedroom alone that play audio CDs and DVDs. Having a DVD or a CD player in my Wii would just make it 7, its not like i would ever use it. My ps2 plays both and all i use it for is games, 360 can play DVDs but I'd rather use my HDMI DVD player because its quieter.

But at the same time, If I was a parent and I was buying a Wii for my kids, I'd like it if it had a DVD player in it so that they could watch movies on it in their room or something, plus the controller is a remote... it would make sense.

i hope to eventually own all of them. I currently own the Wii... and i'm completely happy with that for right now. And hopefully, in a few years, developers will be able to use the Wii to its full capabilities with the controller and such. Next, I probably want to get the PS3 next, when MGS4 comes out. That's the main reason I want the PS3. Otherwise, I'll probably get an XBox 360 when they are a little cheaper as well. It'll take some time, but I like them all.