"With Oden On Our Side" OUT NOW! Discuss...

To some degree, I think thats what Amon Amarth were trying to achieve, inspiration through the music and lyrics.

Its basically the whole concept of honour that really makes you feel inspired. Songs like Runes To My Memory where the emotion is there because of Johan's (I'll refer to him as a Viking warrior) will to fight, the depseration which you feel.

Hermods Ride To Hel, Honour to your family, family comes first. Hermod's intense battle to rescue his brother from the evil grasps of Hel, the way Hermod pleads for Baldr's release.

With Oden On Our Side, the serious progressing music, while Johan speaks of being outnumbered, but fighting on against all odds, honour, "Never give up".

Cry Of The Black Birds, Fighting your enemy, no fear, giving all that you have in battle, loyalty towards others, united as one you will conquer - There's all the inspiration you need.

Under The Northern Star, You have the slow emotional music going, Johan speaking about loyalty towards friends, friendship in general, the power of friendship...yeah basically every aspect of friendship, Like as he speaks of giving up his own life to safe another.

I'm not saying its inspiring you to fight in an ancient war, modernise the meanings for yourself. Personally this album makes me feel good somewhat. Thats just my opinion DON'T JUDGE MEEEEE, speak your thoughts though :lol:

Well, they're not necessarily written in order to depict ancient history, but rather as metaphors for the things that go on today. And yes, they do inspire me. (Although having said that, some of the SCA households use AA for "warm-up" music before we go inte battle, so in that sense, the songs do also inspire for battle of the ancient kind - they've become our battle hymns.)

i figured the favorite song thread would do fine. Post there about it. I guess i could delete the other ones, bu i dont need a bunch of frantic pms asking why someones thread is gone.

Xeon said:
the other runes on top of the valknot (didnt know that the thing is called valknot) read "with oden on our side", at least i think so because the number of letters matches the number of runes ;)

well count again cos it cant match, "th" is 1 rune (wiTH = 3 runes) but your right it does say With oden on our side ;)

Holy shit. I just bought the new album. After the dissapointing opener it just kept getting better; especially tracks 4-7. My God, that's an amazing string of songs. I'm very, very impressed and was actually caught a bit off guard by it, because the only Amon Amarth album I listened to before it was Versus the World, and this one absolutely DESTROYS it.

OnceSealedInBlood said:
I don't know about you guys, but i'm glad I didn't get the balloon. If it popped or flew away, I would be so sad...

I'm waiting till I get to see them live again. Then I'm blowing it up at taking it with me to the gig. :kickass:

Oden with a boner, nothing beats it.

Wow got my Signed copy today!!! I am psyched, I was listening to the Bonus CD and the last song, Song 6, is the coolest instrumental track I have ever heard. Phenomenal!! I can’t wait to put my ski's on this winter and have that track blasting in my MP3 player on the way down. Nice work Amon