With what why?

wrongscience

Zero gravity and naked
Sep 8, 2003
Copenhagen, Denmark
Seeing topics, like this one forcing lesser persons ( or no persons at all or simply those without the ability to create for themselves ) to sort out one´s musical point of view, saddens me and takes away my desire to be nice to anyone.

Why does music have to say anything about YOU? YOU are not what things are about. We found out, 500 years ago, that the universe does not revolve around the earth. Unless you wrote the lyrics yourself or had someone write them for you, it says just about diddly-squat about who and what you are, except that you are without what you think you have.

Dont listen to things to find yourself. Find yourself without others. Anything else is a waste of time cause its been done before.

Evolution might be taking steps in some direction - but what if you have chosen the wrong path?

Reactions: toolsofthetrade
I actually kind of agree with you, to a point. I have never been much of a lyricist myself.. I listen to music because I like the technical aspect of it.. not because the lyrics are deep and meaningful and speaks volumes about my personality and soul blah blah blah blah blah. To me, lyrics mean nothing. 95% of the time when I listen to music, I never even listen to the lyrics. Of course I hear them, but they are not my primary focus in any way. I can never sing along to my favorite songs, because I do not know the words to them!

But, thats just me :cool:

wrongscience said:
Seeing topics, like this one forcing lesser persons ( or no persons at all or simply those without the ability to create for themselves ) to sort out one´s musical point of view, saddens me and takes away my desire to be nice to anyone.

Why does music have to say anything about YOU? YOU are not what things are about. We found out, 500 years ago, that the universe does not revolve around the earth. Unless you wrote the lyrics yourself or had someone write them for you, it says just about diddly-squat about who and what you are, except that you are without what you think you have.

Dont listen to things to find yourself. Find yourself without others. Anything else is a waste of time cause its been done before.

Evolution might be taking steps in some direction - but what if you have chosen the wrong path?

What the fuck is your point? Are you trying to say people should not judge music or have an opinion on it unless they can make music that is better, because having a point of view is weak? Or that it is wrong to respond emotionally to music? Or that you should 'find yourself' without music because 'finding yourself' with it is the trendy thing to do?? What!?!?

Whatever you are trying to say is incredibly muddled, and I just don't see what the point of it is. Seriously, what the hell?

Akronaes said:
I actually kind of agree with you, to a point. I have never been much of a lyricist myself.. I listen to music because I like the technical aspect of it.. not because the lyrics are deep and meaningful and speaks volumes about my personality and soul blah blah blah blah blah. To me, lyrics mean nothing. 95% of the time when I listen to music, I never even listen to the lyrics. Of course I hear them, but they are not my primary focus in any way. I can never sing along to my favorite songs, because I do not know the words to them!

But, thats just me :cool:

Dito man! except for Nevermore!:headbang:

wrongscience said:

Someone's a bit suicidal...

How do you suggest we 'find ourselves', if not through arts and other people? Drugs? Walking through a dark forest in solitude holding a lamp?

Success!

Someone says, im a moron.... I am.

Someone says, im suicidal.... I might be, but it´s very unlikely.

Noone agrees to what I said.

And that was my point.

Im not surprised over the fact that nobody got the picture, cuz there was no picture made for anyone to get. Guessing gets you nowhere.

And not a single sucker has grasped the picture yet.

This was actually the whole fucking point. To prove to you that some things are not meant to be understood.

And drugs, music ( which is a drug in itself ) or whatever sort of addiction is simply the means for the scared to decline everything else but what they take for real and worthy.

Jesus Christ, taste is not an issue. Choice, however, is something completely different. And we chose the wrong way. And u-turns do not exist in the lanes we drive in.

Someone says you're a moron- you're not

Someone says your suicidal- You might've been

Noone understands what you're saying, was that your point?

How can there be a point if there's no picture?

Grasping an unmade picture?

"Sorry to confuse you, but all that you know is wrong", that it? Oh no, I didn't come up with that.

Do you have to be scared to decline what you don't take as real and worthy?

The taste of Jesus Christ? Choosing taste? U-turns in lanes we drive in? "Lost you there in a moment of truth, I trust you, Gave away your one and only heart, a gift to tear apart"?

I forgot, I'm not supposed to like (Opeth) lyrics.

wrongscience said:

Hm, I might have gotten it. I don't think he is saying that we shouldn't listen to lyrics or enjoy them, he's saying we shouldn't use them as a vessel to interpret our own lives. We should find out who we are using our own judgment and intellect. In other words: don't rely on a poet or musician to tell you who you are. Unless they are your own words, they are not really about you.

If I am wrong, I apologize.

quote:

originally posted by peewee1473

---------------------------------------------------

Hm, I might have gotten it. I don't think he is saying that we shouldn't listen to lyrics or enjoy them, he's saying we shouldn't use them as a vessel to interpret our own lives. We should find out who we are using our own judgment and intellect. In other words: don't rely on a poet or musician to tell you who you are. Unless they are your own words, they are not really about you.

If I am wrong, I apologize.

---------------------------------------------------

you should not apologise. This is the closest to what is to be understood from what i wrote (if anything) - very nice and thank you.

Does this mean that everyone, who did not understand it earlier, are indeed on the wrong track? Or are they simply scared of losing grip of the world ( created FOR them BY others ) which they so inexorably love and worship? Or hate, for that matter...

mindflesh said:
He's pointing out the obvious in a way that should make him appear intellectual. That's how I see it.

Then why the hell are you in here?

Of course it´s obvious! Stating the obvious is what everything, Ive read in here is all about!

The sad part is that all of you spent the time you did, creating egos based on other´s words and originality. Or lack thereof, as far as I can tell.

You are ghosts! Deteriorated images of what you think yourselves to be.

wrongscience said:
Then why the hell are you in here?

Of course it´s obvious! Stating the obvious is what everything, Ive read in here is all about!

The sad part is that all of you spent the time you did, creating egos based on other´s words and originality. Or lack thereof, as far as I can tell.

You are ghosts! Deteriorated images of what you think yourselves to be.

What you are saying is beyond stupidity. I'm sorry to tell you, but none of us exist in a vacuum. We are all influenced by what we hear, see do and say, whether we like it or not. "Taking the wrong path", as you call it, is all part of life, you have to make mistakes to learn who you are and indeed, what path you should be on, and if that involves creating false images derived from other people's words and music, so be it.

This reminds me of that movie, with Matt Damon, where he says in the end "its better being a fake somebody than a nobody".