Wizard

Did someone mention Buster? That brings back some memories. I used to read Whizzer and Chips when I was a lad, but dumped it once I "acquired" a friend's sister's collection of old 2000 ADs. If I could just remember where I put the damn things...

Haven't bought a single issue comic for years now. These days I just wait for the trade paperback edition to come out :).

W

Xena, I have the complete run of X-Files comics, including the fancy limited edition ones where they used to adapt episodes of the TV series. Pity my copy of the first issue (Do Not Open 'til X-mas) is only a second printing.

If I remember correctly, the Xena comics were published by the same company that did the XF ones. That's how I discovered the Warrior Princess, because they had pictures of her on the back covers :).

W

BUSTER! Whizzer & Chips! Great stuff!

You know which comic was better than all those, though? OINK!

What's current Judge Dredd like? As I said before, I stopped reading after "Necropolis", which was awesome. Oh, and I read the first JD/Batman crossover which wasn't too flash.

Spiff, I'm sorry to say I junked my entire Whizzer & Chips collection while cleaning out my old room at my late grandmother's house :cry:. If I'd known that you could have given them a good home, I'd have sent them to you!

Can't say I've ever read Oink, and the last 2000 AD I bought was around Prog 780-something. My newsagent stopped carrying it, so I lost track.

W

I turfed my Whizzer & Chips and Busters years ago, don't worry :) Oink! was hilarious - it was an attempt at making a "Viz" for kids, so you can sort of guess what it was like. Lots of toilet humour and stuff, but very funny. The editor was a pig (Uncle Pigg) and so there was a bit of a piggy theme through the whole thing. One week they even had cassette tape covers you could cut out, and one of them was for "Pigiron Maiden". Bwahahaha :) And one week they had a spoof of "Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner", but I was too young to realise they were probably talking about the book or movie and not the Maiden song (I was about ten or eleven at the time, I guess).