WOLVES IN THE THRONE ROOM, black folk metal in vein of Weakling..

Décadent said:
DSC02358.jpg

?

wow mines white, interesting.

Thats the first demo though, i will get #'s from the band for sure soon.

yes they had them screen printed if im correct.

the estimate i got was about 200 of the first demo and 300 of the last one.

The red one you luckily have is about 1 out of 20-30 copies total.

dubloth said:
yes they had them screen printed if im correct.

the estimate i got was about 200 of the first demo and 300 of the last one.

The red one you luckily have is about 1 out of 20-30 copies total.

ha I knew it
(...has professor ziodberg moment)
its a nice way to one colour sleeves

unhinged said:
ha I knew it
(...has professor ziodberg moment)
its a nice way to one colour sleeves

I'm toying with the idea of learning to screenprint, some custom digipaks, vinyls and wallets would be very cool 2-3 colors. I'm starting off easy though posters first.

dubloth said:
I'm toying with the idea of learning to screenprint, some custom digipaks, vinyls and wallets would be very cool 2-3 colors. I'm starting off easy though posters first.

d'oh that should have been Dr Zoidberg

.......anyway, screenprinting CAN look amazing
really tactile and individual looking too
I'd love to do a ltd vinyl that way
theres a bit of skill in it though
and you need quite a bit of space to work...and time to do it

also....you can get rubber stamps made, really quite detailed
and not too expensive (I think it may be hard to keep these sharp with light colour on dark) I'm gettting one made in london shortly to stamp disks with :)

feasably you could set up a wooden frame for your card / paper and create some sort of guide device to get the stamp in the right place every time

like old woodblock printing...without the carving

I'm pretty sure you could even buy in ready made digipaks, boxes, lp sleeves, whatever...
the cutting, folding and sticking would be the biggest arse pain of the whole thing

With a rubber stamp you can do tons of stuff, for instance, you can stamp something with a clear ink, scatter some sparkles or stuff over it, heat it with a blowdrier til the shitz melt and voila, you've got an embossed card/digipalk/LP sleeve, etc etc etc

lots of work, but there's potential there. Arts and Crafts stores have whole sections stocked for this kind of stuff, I'm sure.

This is the demo I have:

wolvesinthethroneroom-demo2005.jpg

I have no idea how it was printed (although based on the above descriptions, I suspect it's "screen printed").....

....but really, all I want to know is, what the hell is that picture???

Yeah, that one was screenprinted too, but with a silver ink. Looks pretty great, shame it doesn't look like much at all. The back rules though.