Wolves in the Throne Room - Two Hunters

The only thing I know about this band is that I've heard the name about 12 times, and it makes me think of Dragon Slayer: The Legend of Heroes.

Downloading.

TheGreatDeciever has his description pretty correct. Not nearly as folky or organic sounding as Diadem. Not necessarily a bad thing. I'm still trying to digest it.

I've never been able to get past all the Weakling-isms in Queen of Borrowed Light.

With that said though, this kicks my sack.

HARD.

Downloading.

I didn't want to listen to the second album without ever having heard the first one. That would just be...silly. :zombie:

brian_fellows_crazy.jpg

OMG - giving this my first full listen. So far this is an atmospheric joy to listen to. These guys are just awesome and are light years ahead of any other band in the U.S. black metal scene. They know just when to use the melodious riffs to compliment the carnage going on in the background.

Epic & aggressive, yet soulful & gutwrenchingly emotive. Such a refreshing band to listen to.

Highest recommendation.

truth be told, i wasnt paying too much attention though. lol

LMAO - "He tries hard in class, but doesn't follow directions."

Give yourself a mulligan and try again.

I will say that I feel you need to be in the mood for their style to appreciate it as it's definitely not an easy listen.

That said, neither is DsO and their new one is not grabbing me at all, so mood is only a small part the subjective battle.

Yeah, I really dug the song they released prior "I lay my bones down near piles of shit" or wte it's called. That is a marvelous track...I just need to actually listen to the fucker w/o any distractions and, right, be in the mood.

Yeah, I really dug the song they released prior "I lay my bones down near piles of shit" or wte it's called. That is a marvelous track...I just need to actually listen to the fucker w/o any distractions and, right, be in the mood.

I will say that's definitely the best track on there (and also the last track), so for anyone having trouble getting into the album, be sure to listen to that one before dismissing it. It's damn near black metal perfection.

EDIT - BTW, that song's also A LOT longer on the actual release (18 minute track).