Wolves in the Throne Room - Two Hunters

Sorry to bump again, but everyone needs to hear this. It's insanely good. I even really liked Diadem, but this album is better in every way.

So.... it this better than the first one or what? I never really fell for that one (I am genetically disposed to dislike all american black metal....), but I'm gonna give this one a fair chance is someone can guarantee me that this isn't just the RC hype machine gone awry again.

So.... it this better than the first one or what? I never really fell for that one (I am genetically disposed to dislike all american black metal....), but I'm gonna give this one a fair chance is someone can guarantee me that this isn't just the RC hype machine gone awry again.

You can take that guarantee to the bank. This is a much more evolved black metal sound than anything you've heard coming out of the U.S. before. Don't even remotely let the fact that they're an American black metal band cloud your judgment and give it your full attention.

One listen in so I've not come to any conclusions yet, but thus far I prefer Diadems. Thing is, it's always going to be tough to top "Queen of Borrowed Light".

One listen in so I've not come to any conclusions yet, but thus far I prefer Diadems. Thing is, it's always going to be tough to top "Queen of Borrowed Light".

Trust me JK, keep listening and let it absorb your soul; this is absolutely not an album where one listen will do it justice. (I know you never use that philosophy anyway, but it is *especially* true here).

Also, since the second track is very slow to build towards an amazing climax, be sure to give the album as a whole a few spins, rather than in bits and pieces.

Jason

For sure. Actually, from what I could gather, both albums would fit together very well. I like the continuity of the atmosphere. It's not like they went all math-metal or anything.