Worst Maidensong

It's amazing how opinions can be different... After all it's the same old band all the time... And you either see people who totally hate Virtual XI for some reason, while it may be one of my favorite album, and people who hate No prayer when I think it's a more than decent album, specially during the dark nineties period...
Does anyone here hate Powerslave or Number of the beast ?? ;) ;)

[embarassing confession]
Actually, # of the beast is not a song I particularly care for, I usually skip it on the live albums ([embarassing confession2] since I'm a slacker and don't actually own a copy of the album [/embarassing confession2], though I'd probably skip it there too if I had it). I wouldn't say I hate it, but there's usually a much cooler song after it that I would rather listen to.......
[/embarassing confession]

I get sick of the classics on live albums to.
there is only so many times you need to hear a different version of Run To The Hills

Aye. Run to the Hills, Number of the Beast, Running Free, Iron Maiden, The Trooper, Sanctuary... that's like a quarter of a live album right there, all gone to waste.

Originally posted by Spiff
Aye. Run to the Hills, Number of the Beast, Running Free, Iron Maiden, The Trooper, Sanctuary... that's like a quarter of a live album right there, all gone to waste.

But how many people would buy an Maiden live album if none of those songs were on it? Outside of the true core fans and the fanatical would-buy-Harris'-used-bog-paper-if-they-could crowd, it would hardly go over well.

I'm not sure it would'nt work. After all you have Live after Death, Real live/dead one, Rock in Rio, plenty of other official/unnoficial stuff like Eddie's Archive, Raising hell, Best of the Beast, Edward the Great...
Most casual fan won't actually care for a new live album if it contain the same old classic over and over, specially in almost the exact same order at the end of each show, and hardcore fans won't care as well because they already own thousands of version of these songs, and probably are tired of these.

While the bloke who know nothing about metal but just buy the new maiden because he heard it was cool won't care much for these classic as well as he don't know these anyway...
It may feel strange for a tour or two, but the new song replacing the old ones will make their place and soon we will have a hell of a show again. Why create some sort of a wish list :D

Come on , if you went to a Maiden show and they didn't play Number, how ripped off would you be? It would be like going to a ... ummm ... really famous band ... and them not doing their ... ummm ... really famous song.

Like Rick Astley not doing Never Gonna Give You Up. Its just not cricket.

Besides, how will the crowd sing along to songs they dont know every word to?

A couple of months ago, Gamma Ray did some shows in Europe, in which they asked the fans to e-mail in to their website the set list they thought they should play.

They specifically asked fans to include songs that they had never played live, or were rarely showcased!

They have recorded the shows, and are apparently going to release them as a live album early 2003.

I think it's a great idea.

Of course, it helps if you see them every tour, sometimes more than once! :mad:

Yeah, but we can dream ;)
I would kill for a live album with To Tame A Land, The Deulest, etc.. (a few tracks off Somewhere in time wouldn't go astray either), just something different. Something like that would be more likely to happen if the did a compilation of various shows, though the atmosphere might suffer a bit......

Maybe we should get a petition going ;)

Originally posted by spawn
Its just not cricket.
I love that saying. :lol:

I think it would be a good idea for them to do one live album like that, where they play all stuff that doesn't get much attention live, but still really goes off. Songs like 'Children Of The Damned', 'Caught Somewhere In Time', 'Transylvania', 'Moonchild' ect.
Actually, that would have been a good idea for one of the albums in the Eddies Archive...