Worst Metal bands??

NarkalepticNinja

satirical member
Feb 13, 2011
Behind Space
I was looking through the threads and noticed that a thread like this hasn't been started yet. I want you to post the metal band you think is the worst possible metal band out there, but this is not simply a post a band name here thread, you must also back-up your suggestion with evidence that supports your claim. Whether it be actual musicality or objectives the band was striving for, etc.

This thread is not meant to just be hate thread towards any band so don't just post a band like Soilwork or Dimmu Borgir and say it was because they sold out, that is not a reason to call a band the worst metal band in history because obviously you liked them at some point and knew how good or catchy they were(And yes this includes COF too)

I will start us off with the band Brokencyde, and there are 3 simple reasons that i think the band is the worst in metal history
1) The songwriting looks like it was written by a 12 or 13 year old prepubescent boy who has no respect for women and can't get laid so he has to make himself seem cool by creating vulgar, repulsive, and unintelligent lyrics which sadly the kids now of today love to hear(thank you most mainstream rap)
2) Auto-tuned vocals are at their most here i swear, even more than in the new pop song by Rebecca Black called Friday, and Se7en as he likes to be called does not know how to scream and ruins any potential a song once had(if there ever was any)
3) This is a band that gives metal a bad name because they receive mainstream attention and this is how metal becomes known, and the majority of their fans are all scene kids who love to be douches and vulgarize women because the message Brokencyde portrays is that of being a dick to people and slapping hoes till they are sucked dry is what is cool nowadays and how everyone should act.

(And yes this includes COF too)

Yeah. If you have a copy, go look at Metal Maniacs' review of Something Wild, waaaaaay back in the day. A lot of people thought they were going to be the next big thing. Which they were, but not in the way that most people expected.

I wonder if that subplot with the girl from Ancient he ended up marrying or something derailed the kind of direction that band went. Or if just he's a skilled guitar player but a mediocre musical mind. I mean, they definitely haven't released anything decent since Hatebreeder, and you'd think that the band would have realized after the first album that the guy can't fucking sing for shit. It's one of the reasons I can't listen to even COB's old stuff. Laiho has an awful, awful voice.

One of the worst threads ever
Why go through life looking for the negative and finding fault with whatever
your threads are becoming more asinine with every new one
get a life, hook up/get laid, read a book, go to a concert, do something positive -

One of the worst threads ever
Why go through life looking for the negative and finding fault with whatever
your threads are becoming more asinine with every new one
get a life, hook up/get laid, read a book, go to a concert, do something positive -

Exactly. People focus too much on the negative, while neglecting to draw attention to the positives.

When sampling bands on MySpace or what have you, I only remember the good ones. Within minutes, I always forget the bad stuff that I have heard.

I was going to say it, but I guess I'll just endorse La Rocque. Focus on the good bands, and forget that the rest exist.

but but but my comment ignored the thread topic...

does hijacking a thread that has an off topic make it on topic?

why doesn't Something Wild sound more like the Mind's I?

Edit: For those of you who do not remember, Mind's I and Something Wild were both 1997 releases.

there, now we have something to talk about, we can compare Laiho's vocal technique to Mikael Stanne's. Stizzle, who is the resident expert, can give us the lowdown on Stanne's vocal evolution, particularly on the Mind's I. I will write the breakdown for Alexi Laiho on Something Wild. Here it is:

RA RAH RAH RA RAH RAH RAH
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
RARRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRR RAHAHHAHRHRAHRAH

RA

RA

RA

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

RAR RAR RAR RAR RAR RAR RAR RAR RAR RAR

RA
RA
RA

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

/solo

RA RAH!

but but but my comment ignored the thread topic...

does hijacking a thread that has an off topic make it on topic?

why doesn't Something Wild sound more like the Mind's I?

there, now we have something to talk about, we can compare Laiho's vocal technique to Mikael Stanne's. Stizzle, who is the resident expert, can give us the lowdown on Stanne's vocal evolution, particularly on the Mind's I. I will write the breakdown for Alexi Laiho on Something Wild. Here it is:

RA RAH RAH RA RAH RAH RAH
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
RARRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRR RAHAHHAHRHRAHRAH

RA

RA

RA

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

RAR RAR RAR RAR RAR RAR RAR RAR RAR RAR

RA
RA
RA

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

/solo

RA RAH!

The chorus is in accurate. Clearly more of a RYE RYE RYE, than a RAH RAH. I think he had a sandwich craving at the time of writing.

Thanks for the constructive criticism there La Rocque lol i was just trying to take a different approach for a thread. This idea may have been approved elsewhere but i guess this DT thread who don't like to mindlessly indulge themselves in somewhat child antics i presume

This idea may have been approved elsewhere but i guess this DT thread who don't like to mindlessly indulge themselves in somewhat child antics i presume

One of the nasty by-products of culture is "culture war." In order to maintain trve-ness to their death metal roots, many death metallers will take a lot of time out of their days to trash whatever new thing the kids are into. I was really disappointed in all of my friends when I realized that it had become vogue by the time we were in our early twenties to start talking shit about the new things that teenagers were into. I remember how much I hated that attitude when we were teenagers!

It sometimes seems like a cultural duty, as people of taste, to fight against art which is constructed to a different standard. However, all art is so subjective that the only useful criticism to be offered relates to technique. It is best to not like something that you hear and just move on. Anything else is just a fun form of group-hate to engage in with your friends or community, and it's really the blackest part of human nature.

It is best to not like something that you hear and just move on. Anything else is just a fun form of group-hate to engage in with your friends or community, and it's really the blackest part of human nature.

^ The mushrooms agree. Sometimes understanding why we hate what we hate is useful, but as a semi-wise man once said, some shit ain't a learning experience. Bad music is one of them, unless you want to start an off-topic thread about Metallica and how defeat is delivered by drugs and ego as much as losing your way musically. To nitpick other bands of lesser note is an exercise in what stizzle correctly labels group-hate.

Ok well then now let us change the topic lol and bring a more positive vibe to this thread, if any of you knows a band that isn't widely known and want to share your finds with us, do so on this thread. We would all like to bask in your glorious finds.

If a band sucks I wouldn't listen to it or remember it.

HOWEVER, I would like to recommend this band I discovered very recently. The band is called "Dawn of Tears". They are a bunch of guys from Spain, but their music reminds me of like Skydancer/Burning Bridges/Primal Event/Icon type of mix. Check em out, they have all their music free to download on their website.