Worst Possible News You Could Think Of?

^That would have actually been Tipper Gore's doing; but yeah he has said some stupid things.

Frankly, I think the worst thing that could happen is if some type of fatal disease/fuckup-of-nature was able to be spread through auditory mediums and every musician dies on the planet (whether they're well known or not).

edited because I realized that my initial statement didn't make sense semantically...even though it still doesn't in some ways :erk:

definently if it was illegal to buy, sell, or make metal music or merchandise.

if i ever heard anything like that was gona happen id start stockpiling stuff lol

If metal was banned in the U.S., I would not hesitate to leave the country. I was planning to anyway, but if my favorite form of music would not be available to me, I'd be angry.

Although, I think if they banned metal, there would be a lot of riots and people would realize the importance that metal has to its fans. They thought metal was violent before? What happens when all its fans are let loose with nothing to do, nowhere to mosh?

If metal was banned in the U.S., I would not hesitate to leave the country. I was planning to anyway, but if my favorite form of music would not be available to me, I'd be angry.

Although, I think if they banned metal, there would be a lot of riots and people would realize the importance that metal has to its fans. They thought metal was violent before? What happens when all its fans are let loose with nothing to do, nowhere to mosh?
This is true. It would put the L.A. riots to shame.

If metal was banned by the government.

/thread

That wouldn't stop metal, it'd simply go underground. How do you enforce such a ban? It can't be done, unless the government's willing and able to play Big Brother and keep everyone under 24/7surveillance. Even the Soviet Union, one of history's most totalitarian regimes, couldn't keep it out.