Vinterland - 17
Crypt of Kerberos - 14
Deathspell Omega - 13
Merciless - 9
Vio-Lence - 9
Sinister - 8
Agressor - 8
Watain - 8

Funny seeing this. I regret resetting my charts in 2014. Still love most of this stuff, top ten couldn't look more different these days though.

shame i didn't post in this thread at the time, i regret resetting mine as well. i remember 'starless' being number 1 on the all-time song list but that's about it.

A 12-minute song in the #1 spot, nice. Definitely a song I could understand listening to obsessively, the opening movement gives me chills every time.

Since I do this anyway (just for myself), here are my 20 most-played albums/EPs in 2021 (as compiled by audioscribbler aka pen and paper):

1. Lovebites-Electric Pentagram 178 spins
2. Lovebites-Glory, Glory, to the World 115
3. Lovebites-Awakening From Abyss 105
3. Atrox-Contentum 105
5. Gåte-Til Nord 70
6. Atrox-Terrestrials 62
7. Nightwish-Human:||:Nature (Disc 1) 57
8. Détente-Recognize No Authority 56
9. Stolen Babies-There Be Squabbles Ahead 53
10. Lovebites-Clockwork Immortality 52
11. Autumn Tears-The Glow of Desperation 46
12. Nightwish-Oceanborn 45
13. Stolen Babies-Naught 44
13. Madder Mortem-Deadlands 44
15. Midnattsol-Nordlys 40
16. Mahdieh Mohammadkhani/Hamid Motebassem/Dastan Ensemble-A Window 37
17. Kari Bremnes-Det vi har 31
18. Nightwish-Human:||:Nature (Disc 2) 27
19. Gåte-Svevn 26
19. Tactile Gemma-Tactile Gemma 26

how are the ears doing lately? good to see you listening to so much metal recently, it seemed like you were struggling to listen to any at one point.

It's still pretty bad tbh but I have habituated to the tinnitus considerably in the last couple years and I just willingly suffer through the pain of hyperacusis. It's worth it though. Life without metal was dismal as fuck, even if I finally explored music outside the genre and ended up with much broader taste.

Here's the TMI version of my year: Top 100 Albums Scrobbled! This year was a year focused on (re)discovery of the classics, though it's also the first year in a long time that I made some attempt to keep up with the new. My best year since I returned to Metal in 2018.
Top Albums Scrobbled in 2022.jpg

Reactions: Slayed Necros