Worthy and Upcoming music?

BloodSword

Jan 30, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Need a little help. I was hoping some on this forum could suggest some new cd's coming out from August until the end of the year, that are worthy of purchase. So far, I'm awaiting Amorphis, Ulver, Drudkh and Primordial. All suggestions would be appreciated. Thanx.

Apparently Morbid Angel, Drudkh, Anathema, and Meshuggah are releasing albums this year. I don't care if anyone thinks they're "worthy" or not because I've been anticipating them.

edit: Well I see you already know about Drudkh. Oh well! o34g4eonwognworgn9e8rg9u

The Axis Of Perdition will have one out this year.. And they're immense!

Thee Maldoror Kollective/TMK may have one out this year.. They're working on 2 records and they could both be out this year for all i know!

Busy yourself with Alcest, Neurosis and Deathspell Omega's recent release though.. Well worth it, and will help pass the time in an extremely enjoyable way!

I Wait For These:

Epica: The Divine Conspiracy
Meshuggah: ??
Woods of Ypres: Woods 3
Orphaned Land: ORwarriOR
Municipal Waste: The Art of Partying
Judas Priest: Nostradamus (don't know if it will come out this year though)

Thanx, for the responses. Many good suggestions. However, I have been listening a lot to the new Neurosis, and certainly is in my top 5 so far. Alcest, is a definite purchase in about a week. Been listening to the Amesoeurs EP "Ruines Humaines" for quite awhile. Is the music on this EP in any way similiar to the new Alcest? Niege's guitar tone is excellent on the EP. Really an impressive musician. And I love what I have heard from Amorphis-"Silent Water." Any thoughts as to when a new Enslaved will hir us?

Thanx, for the responses. Many good suggestions. However, I have been listening a lot to the new Neurosis, and certainly is in my top 5 so far. Alcest, is a definite purchase in about a week. Been listening to the Amesoeurs EP "Ruines Humaines" for quite awhile. Is the music on this EP in any way similiar to the new Alcest? Niege's guitar tone is excellent on the EP. Really an impressive musician. And I love what I have heard from Amorphis-"Silent Water." Any thoughts as to when a new Enslaved will hir us?

The new Alcest is not similar to Amesoeurs at all to be quite honest. The similarities end with the fact both bands use the distorted/clean or acoustic contrasting style.. Although in differing ways.. And the fact that Audrey, who sings on the last track on Ruines Humaines.. Sings on one of the songs for Alcest's new release.

However, the alcest release is far superior. And just so you know, Amesoeurs is headed in a more post-punk/industrial direction.. So the end of the song Ruines Humaines and the whole of Faiblesse Des Sens is how Amesoeurs is headed!

And how in CHRIST did i forget to mention Ulver's upcoming release!?!

My list:

Amorphis
Massive Attack
Radiohead
Sigur Ros
Metallica
Ulver
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds

And one that was just scratched off the waiting list last tuesday, the new Unkle album "War Stories" a really really good album for people who enjoy dark downbeat music of the apocalypse.... in the vein on Massive Attack.