would you carry around a handbag?

Necuratul said:
no i mean for my nephew

I taught my niece how to headbang last time she was here. :heh:

And fotmbm's kids are going to have an affinity for fourth story windows and pianos.

My nephew's been headbanging for months. I tried to get him to do the horns, but he hasn't gotten it yet. Now he's living with his mother for three months as of yesterday though...

Cool. I remember I had some black metal playing and she came in the room and started doing a jig. Funniest thing I had seen.

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY said:
People have become to dependent on convient crap that people forgot how to take care of themselves and survive on their own.......but i just dont like all the conveinance all the time, it makes people lazy and as a race we are extremely spoiled and lazy.

I have a mobile and very rarely use it but it's nice to have it in case of an emergency. That said, I have to second what you're sayng here. The current crop of tech-savvy-geekness makes me ill, starting with this fucking thing, the internet. I grow gayer every day I use it. Meanwhile, your thoughts reminded me of when my old man was our age, maybe a little older. The tranny on his van broke, so he pulled over, walked to the auto parts store, bought the parts, walked home, got tools, walked back to the van and fixed the fucking thing in the street...in the middle of Ohio winter. No cell phones, no AAA fagotry, the only thing that coulda made it more metal wouldve been if he lost a few fingers to frostbite.

lizard said:
Some of you guys are in for a rude awakening IF and WHEN you decide to have a family (and it's perfectly okay with me if some of you never reproduce).
Ok, just read this one and yeah, you have something of a point. Although, it's like assuming that our parents and their parents before them, ad infinitum, were terribly inconvenienced. My thought on that is that they just didn't have sudden cravings for say... a STAT Diet Coke. And if they did, they got over it. Like today I was cruising down the Interstate, top down, Still Life playing as loudly as possible - I get home and the wife is like, "What the hell's the point of having a cell phone if you're not going to answer it?!" Me: "I couldn't hear it." *looks at phone* "What did you want that you had to call me three times?" Wife: "Meh, just wanted to see if you could pick up a Diet Coke for me."

dorian gray said:
I have a mobile and very rarely use it but it's nice to have it in case of an emergency. That said, I have to second what you're sayng here. The current crop of tech-savvy-geekness makes me ill, starting with this fucking thing, the internet. I grow gayer every day I use it. Meanwhile, your thoughts reminded me of when my old man was our age, maybe a little older. The tranny on his van broke, so he pulled over, walked to the auto parts store, bought the parts, walked home, got tools, walked back to the van and fixed the fucking thing in the street...in the middle of Ohio winter. No cell phones, no AAA fagotry, the only thing that coulda made it more metal wouldve been if he lost a few fingers to frostbite.

:kickass: Jonathon, your pappy is the man. Technology is ghey!!!

I see your point... But if something saves me time, gas and effort, I'm for it. Of course, my buttberry is paid for by my employer, and my bare bones cell I got free from AAA w/service at about 11 a month.

Dorian, when your wife was pregnant, did she ever crave something really wierd? Mine once wanted a candy bar but that's about it.

My wife had an insatiable need to drink organic milk. Sometimes I could find it at the rich-white-neighborhood Kroger but I usually had to go to the health food joint. I think those stories about people with wierd cravings are grossly exaggerated.

It's just an excuse for lazy middle class american women to balloon up to 250 lbs. They already got the man by the coin purse, and his balls to go with it, so why bother trying to stay in shape?

Oh man. We had to return something to the mall today and it was a fucking madhouse of fat, dumb Americans with apparently an endless amount of disposable income. Not to sound superior or anything but, well, I am.

EDit: related to Jerry's post

Only if you don't have the disposable income. Meh, even then, it'd be allright if people would chill on the rampant consumerism.

bwahaha 72 inch! We're probably getting a new TV cuz the current one is too big. We're waiting until the end of the year cuz prices are supposed to drop drastically. Probably means some new technology is coming out.

I have a 19 inch Emerson tv straight off the shelves of Wal-Mart. I never watch the fucking thing as tv will turn you into a product of a simian/susperian cross pollination.