Would you trade a new 6505 for a 1999 2ch dual rec?

SwambA

Processed Chicken
Apr 6, 2009
Clearwater, fl
Guy wants to trade me for my 6505 bought back in the December for his 1999 2 ch dual rec... What rev would this year Rec be? Its in pretty good condition.

I'd definitely do it! If it's from 99 it's a Rev G.

The prices over in the US are different, the Mesa is probably worth double over here. Still, I love Rectifiers, and if you can get a Rev G in good shape for a standard 6505 I'd do it in a heartbeat. You can probably always find a used 6505/5150 for peanuts.

+1. It's a Rev G.

If it's in reasonably good shape I'd do it, too. I like Rectifiers more than the 6505. Personally, I find them more versatile and I like where the mids sit better.

It just depends what you like. The 6505 is tighter and maybe a little more compressed sounding, and much easier to dial in. The Rectifier has more of that brutal, aggressive low-mid character, and is more versatile, especially the power section. Having owned both, I personally would go with the Recto.

Awesome recto > Chinese pv

I thought only the 1x12" combos were made in China. Am I mistaken?
Edit: Just checked. The heads are still made in the USA. It's literally the first thing Peavey says in it's description of the amp. Everything in the series including the cabs are made here with the exception of the 1x12" combo.

All personal preference man... Price/value aside, you may absolutely hate the recto, or absolutely love it... If you think you can easily flip the recto then sure, give it a shot maybe... But try not look at it abou money, because that's not
What you are asking. Again, it's all preference, some people hate/love the other or both, all depends on taste...

I thought only the 1x12" combos were made in China. Am I mistaken?
Edit: Just checked. The heads are still made in the USA. It's literally the first thing Peavey says in it's description of the amp. Everything in the series including the cabs are made here with the exception of the 1x12" combo.

+1 My peavey has a big ol MADE IN USA smack on the front.

6505 heads are from the states.

I personally like the peavey better for what i do.

I would get a peavey and a Roland jc 120, thats my setup, ultra clean and ultra distortion.

like others said, i would do it in a heartbeat due to resale value on the amps alone

your average 5150/6505 goes for $500-600, whereas dual/triple rectos fetch around $1k most of the time

if you end up not liking the mesa, sell to someone else, get a 5150, and pocket the difference

i would just check beforehand that nothing is wrong with the mesa, cause that deal's just a little too sweet...

a new 6505 and a rev g dual are worth around the same. you can get a rev g dual for $799 used from guitar center. I prefer the 6505 out of the two. Easier to dial and sits better in the mix. rev f or a rev g triple are a different story though. I would take those in a heartbeat over the 6505. I have owned all of them.

It's a RevG alright, but it's a late one, so it will not have the Schumacher trannies anymore, but the same transformers as the muddy 3ch.
It'll still sound good, but it's the "least awesome" sounding one of the 2ch series.
I'd probably still do it.