Wow... could this guy be more full of shit?

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
Quietly but systematically, the Bush Administration is advancing the plan to build a huge NAFTA Super Highway, four football-fields-wide, through the heart of the U.S. along Interstate 35, from the Mexican border at Laredo, Tex., to the Canadian border north of Duluth, Minn.

Once complete, the new road will allow containers from the Far East to enter the United States through the Mexican port of Lazaro Cardenas, bypassing the Longshoreman’s Union in the process. The Mexican trucks, without the involvement of the Teamsters Union, will drive on what will be the nation’s most modern highway straight into the heart of America. The Mexican trucks will cross border in FAST lanes, checked only electronically by the new “SENTRI” system. The first customs stop will be a Mexican customs office in Kansas City, their new Smart Port complex, a facility being built for Mexico at a cost of $3 million to the U.S. taxpayers in Kansas City.

Full Story

So essentially, we're building a superhighway on which to smuggle illegal immigrants (or anything else) into the country, without checking the contents until it gets all the way to the heartland? And in the process, we're importing cheap far east goods and cutting American workers completely out of the picture. Is it me, or is this not the same bizarro reasoning that led the Bush administration to think it was a good deal to allow Arabs to run our ports? And is there still anyone out there who doesn't think the Bush administration's cozy relationship with big business can't best be described as man-on-man ass sex with an obligatory reach-around?

Zod

JayKeeley said:
Oh well, when Cheney runs for President and wins, everything will be ok again.
If :devil:Cheney:devil: wins, than the Christians were right:

Revelations 13:3 - And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who [is] like unto the beast? Who is able to make war with him?

Zod

evilcheney.jpg

It's their new way to create government patronage jobs. Import the immigrants so they can pay people to kick them out again.

Smexi 1: eh hombre, how'd you like to make 25 cents a day to ride in a truck into the states, run from the authorities for a few weeks, get caught and get a police car ride back down here to do it all again?
Smexi 2: Those crazy US cholos, aye carumba! I'm in!!! arrrrrrrrrrriba!!

Conspicuously Absent said:
It's their new way to create government patronage jobs. Import the immigrants so they can pay people to kick them out again.

Haha, true story: over the weekend, there was some van driving around my neighboUrhood with some "village official" stickers plastered all over the vehicle. They came to my house, walked up my driveway, and started inspecting my trash can.

Next thing you know, I've got a sticker notice stuck to my trash can saying it's too big for my village guidelines and that I have to get a smaller one, otherwise I'll be fined.

It's a $60 trash can. I pay in the region of $11K per year in county tax. Fuck that if I'm going to buy a new trash can.

People are paid to do this, to inspect your garbage cans. Unbelievable.

That's lame.

Just be glad its not a bear wandering up your driveway, inspecting your trash can and then ripping the lid off (one of those raccooon proof twist on heavy duty garbage cans, just pulled hte lid right off).

Happened to us twice, once where we live now! which is in the city (on the edge)

I live in NY state. I know, it's unreal. And the fact is, these fuckers coming around with their guidelines telling me to buy different size trash cans are getting paid from my own taxes.