Wow

queenchuck

Support The RBC!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 17, 2006
READING THROUGH PASSED INTERVIEWS WITH ANTHRAX BAND MEMBERS, SOMETIMES WE CAN FIND WORDS WHAT MAKES US WONDER HOW SCOTT, CHARLIE, FRANK, JOEY AND DAN COULD HAVE REUNITED AFTER ALL...

FROM METALSLUDGE.COM - 20 QUESTIONS WITH SCOTT IAN, 3/7/00
Joey Belladonna was scheduled to go back out with you guys for your latest tour, but then he flaked out. What was the real reason behind that and why is he such a bitch?
Scott: $$$$$. Money, money, money. He wanted more money than Metallica pays their tailor. If he would rather sit home than play to the Anthrax fans, that's his decision. Sharp as a marble. In the immortal words of Tony soprano, "he's dead to me now".

Time for metal sludge's word association. We mention a name and you give us your thoughts.
Joey Belladonna - Who?
Dan Spitz - An owl hooting in the forest.

FROM METALSLUDGE.COM 20 QUESTIONS WITH CHARLIE BENANTE, 9/19/00
Which do you prefer Joey Belladonna or Dan Spitz?
Help them jeebus. I feel weird answering this question... I'll say Neil Turbin and that's my final answer

From Metal Sludge: Time for Metal Sludge's word association. We mention a name and you give us your thoughts.
Joey Belladonna = I always had a soft spot for him but after he pulled out of the tour this year that spot has turned to stone
Dan Spitz = I misses him sometimes but after I found out that it was him who turned Joey away from us I reconsidered

nah I remember reading that shit when they originaly posted it. I wonder what Charlie was talking about though - saying it was really Spitz who turned Joey away from the band. HHHHhhhhmmmm.

Anyway, I agree completely. I have seen two reunion shows and I enjoyed both of them, very much - but the thought of how those guys ever got back to jamming again after all the mud slinging is beyond me. It never seemed like there was animosity like that between Bush and the rest of the band. Who knows - time can heal many wounds.

Well I recall these things being posted back then, and there's a lot worse out there from Scott and Charlie about Dan and Joey - it was the main reason why I was shocked they got back together. It wasn't that long ago Scott was promoting GoTE and claiming Bush was the only man who should ever have sung on those songs. It's clearly a ridiculous situation.
To quote Scott from those Metal Sludge things: "$$$$$. Money, money, money. He wanted more money than Metallica pays their tailor."

There you go, the reason for the reunion. And the reason Metallica's clothes look cool.

Ach, to be honest, I couldn't really give two shits about the internal politics of Anthrax, or indeed any other band in general, as long as they are able to put out quality music.

Many, many bands have members that don't like each other.

As long as member x can still play the guitar while member y plays the drums, I couldn't give a fuck if member x wants to buy a beer for member y.